Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2007 Mazda3 for my daughter, but the vehicle does not have power options: doors, windows, cruise (long story, but very good deal).

I've read many posts on the forum regarding installation of power door locks, OEM, kits, etc. I haven't the time or the know how to do an installation myself. I found Best Buy will do the install on two or four doors and supposedly the installations can be done on any vehicle; however, I'm concerned if a rod activated kit is used, the system will not work or will not be reliable. This, based on comments that a cable system is needed.

Any past experience or recommendation regarding my using Best Buy? Can you advise of a reliable retail or private type business that will do these installations?

I have checked with several friends who operate body shops and another who operates a 4x4/used car sales and none had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Store installation of power door locks on 2007 Mazda3

Thanks "Durham" for taking the time to respond.

For those happening upon this post, the installation can be done by retail car audio/alarm shops. The product kit to use would be Directed Electronics (DE) based on my many conversations with those who do these installations commercially at the outlets mentioned. For four doors the cost estimate has run $400 to $500 using DE parts at those locations contacted in NC.

The DE keyless less entry kit, including actuators, for four doors with the cable system can be obtained and you can do the install yourself if you're interested. I found the complete kit for cable locks available at A1 Electronics in CA for $145.00.

ncmountie
Boone, NC

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
i would actually suggest not to do it. my friend had the auto windows and locks put into her car. she had problems ALL the time with the motors for the units and she paid A LOT of money for the whole thing too. she finally had the shop take the system out and bought a car that had the auto windows and locks installed from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts