Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at what brake pads i should get to replace my stock ones. The rear pads are needing to be replace in about 6 months i am guessing since i took it to the dealership last week and the stats was yellow, and just looking to see what people are using, and what is the best out there.. thanks for the help

(Update) Just got my Hawk HPS brake pads in from Tirerack.. Planning to get them on next week.. Thanks for the help guys.. Hope i enjoy them..!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Re: best brake pad for the mazda 3

when my rears do wear out i am going to get the stock pads. I know all the doubters. But hey, they are working fine. brake good no noise. they do dust but oh well. One thing I do know as of a few months ago the rear pads were on a 3rd model. meaning mazda has changed the design twice to make them better. Aftermarket pads dont go through develepment as often, so unless you want a pad for racing, oem pads are going to be a good choice for street driven cars, and they are not even expensive.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

I have Porterfield R-4S pads ready to go in, just need to set aside some time to do that but I'll probably get some fresh rotors first. Serious street pads that are better than the mainstream stuff, but they are a little more expensive.

·
Registered
372 Posts

Hawks....there have been good so far...sometimes they can make some noise when using the ebrake on a steep hill... (to be expected) but other than that ..Great pads!!!

·
Registered
10,693 Posts

i have the hawks in the front and green stuff in the rear. the green stuff are noisy during break in and chatter from time to time. they arnt as bad as the stock pads for dust, but they are still very dirty. the hawks are great, they are low dust and make no noise at all. the only problem i have with them is when driving on the hwy in the rain, when they get wet and cold they offer very little stopping power. you have to learn to keep your distances and use very firm pedal pressure.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

[quote author=Oricle link=topic=69101.msg1242369#msg1242369 date=1172789819]
the only problem i have with them is when driving on the hwy in the rain, when they get wet and cold they offer very little stopping power. you have to learn to keep your distances and use very firm pedal pressure.
[/quote]

thats no good. would you say worse than stock in this respect?

·
Registered
10,693 Posts

well i never noticed a difference with the stock pads, they stopped well no matter the conditions. with the hawks, they stop great when they have some heat in them, but when they are cold they have no bite at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Hawk HPS... on my 04' 2.0 wearing like Iron and low dust and noise...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts