Mazda3 Forums banner

belkin TuneCast II in hatchback - works well

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  tito_jackson 
#1 ·
I'd suggest to anyone that is trying to hook up an Ipod or similar device to the car, I'd

I'm usually very weary of FM transmitters. I've heard the iTrip, and it didn't impress me very much.

What I like about this one is that its powered through the lighter socket, and also gets much better quality when the lighter power is used. I don't know why, but it even worked in New York City, without having to change radio stations. It overpowers weak to medium signals pretty easily.

This is only with the lighter power by the way. When the batteries are used, the performance is similar to most other FM transmitters.

The wiring isn't the prettiest. Basically, I let the ipod sit in the glove compartment and the tunecast in that little groove next to the automatic transmission.

-Tito Jackson

#4 ·
it sounds like radio, but clear radio. the stereo separation is good.

i'd recommend trying it out from a retailer that allows 30-day refunds, like bestbuy.

strangely, the tunecast II isn't on the internet yet, but bestbuy is stocking it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.