Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short: I went under the car for an oil change and notice this parts rusted like if they were 15 years old. :shock:
Do you guys also have this issue ? 2007 Mazda3 i Touring .
You can see this parts even from the engine bay ( as I took the picture of the passenger side) connects the axel boot with the transmission.
Let me guys know if you have the same carppy cover all rusted so we can go and yell at the dealerships b/c somebody forgot to do rust treatment to some of the under body pieces .

·
Registered
190 Posts
I dont think this will be an issue..It reminds me of a driveshaft..they always had suface rust. Im pretty sure you will be fine...Definatley show a dealer though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to my dealership and ask them if I could see some other brand new Mazda 3 that are sitting in the parking lot and then the service manager told me" lets go see your car kid ( and when I show him the ruted area he said) ....is something normal , nothing to worry about .
But again he didnt let me see the other cars, why ??? they probably all have the same rusty covers as mine , so that is way I asked you guys to go and see your cars if they have this same thing

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
It's normal. The inner tulip of the axle is made of steel (otherwise an inferior metal would break) and it's prone to surface rust. The only problem is visual if you plan to show the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts