Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Buddy Club Condenser Kit last weekend and today I popped the hood to just check on it, too make sure everything was in place. When I popped the hood I smelled burning rubber. So when I pulled off the engine cover I noticed the ground wire from the condenser to the strut tower was laying on the header heat sheild. Sure enough the spot it was resting on had melted. I thought I got rid of the slack by using the zip ties in the kit, but obviously not enough. Now it only looks like the rubber casing is melted and about a pin-sized place is too the copper wiring. My question is should I leave it attached and just secure it better, or should I just take it off and leave the TB and fuel rail grounded? Is there a way to order just that wire again? Thanks for the input.

Edit: Is anyone just running the TB and fuel rail ground, if so does it work good for you, or is there a difference because all three aren't grounded?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump :dunno:

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
you can just wrap the melted area with some electrical tape (or heat shrink tubing would be ideal), and use it.
it's also probably fine without it. i know others have used just 2 wires because the 3rd didn't reach from where they mounted the unit.

it's better overall if you follow the path of the stock wiring, thus avoiding heat sources.

also, wire loom (the black plastic tubing that all the stock wire bundles are covered with) is very cheap and further protects the wires. at first I didn't want to hide the nice blue wire but I couldn't make it look 'tits' so i decided to wrap it.

here's some pics before i finished taping everything that I posted elsewhere. it gives you a nice safe path that reaches everything perfiectly.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, I'm going to use electircal tape to cover the melted area and try to re-route, thanks :goodjob:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I must say that it probably the cleanest job i have seen done on using grounding cables... your engine bay does not look likea giant spider web.. it is very nice...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts