Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as last years Autophoria BBQ day was such a big success I'm gonna be organising another one at Keynes Country Park.
It'll probably be in May / June sometime and I am extending the invitation to you all here so if you fancy a good day out then post here what dates your free.

Thx all :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
ANY Saturday or Sunday and I will atleast stop by! its under 10 minutes from my house so I would be remissed to not show up when your in my backyard!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well, as you may remember we were trying to set up our meet for March time when Fem alias Nylie alias Joelle was supposed to be coming across the pond, and it was at Keynes water park. However it seems that this is not likely now until later in the year. Of course things change. I would be glad to come (Replied on Autophoria) Maybe there's a possibility of a combination event.

Any thoughts anyone in the UK Mazda community ?????

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=willpower link=topic=67648.msg1166259#msg1166259 date=1169641620]
Well, as you may remember we were trying to set up our meet for March time when Fem alias Nylie alias Joelle was supposed to be coming across the pond, and it was at Keynes water park. However it seems that this is not likely now until later in the year. Of course things change. I would be glad to come (Replied on Autophoria) Maybe there's a possibility of a combination event.

[/quote]

i dont think that there will be enough parking for all of us... :?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
[quote author=Helen link=topic=67648.msg1164110#msg1164110 date=1169560932]
Seeing as last years Autophoria BBQ day was such a big success I'm gonna be organising another one at Keynes Country Park.
It'll probably be in May / June sometime and I am extending the invitation to you all here so if you fancy a good day out then post here what dates your free.

Thx all :D
[/quote]

I have a quick off topic question if I may.
Ive always been interested in the way the same food is prepared in different areas and I just wanted to see; how do y'all across the pond make your BBQ?

·
Registered
549 Posts
[quote author=Mz3Corkey link=topic=67648.msg1166286#msg1166286 date=1169645227]
Ive always been interested in the way the same food is prepared in different areas and I just wanted to see; how do y'all across the pond make your BBQ?
[/quote]

BBQ's are mostly family affairs unless organised by a club or company. Generally they consist of firing up an enclosed charcoal fire,the container made of either metal or brick. Food is usually bought prepared from butchers/supermarkets sometimes coated with seasonings. Any meat is acceptable unless there are religious preferences. Fish is also popular as are solid vegetables that can be skewered, ie corn on the cob, peppers, onions. Also some times available would be a large pan of baked beans. Bread rolls, salad and various relishes & pickles. The use of european sausages ( Bratwurst etc) has become more widespread. Beverages are usually Beer, Wine and softdrinks, colas etc.
OK ?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
[quote author=willpower link=topic=67648.msg1166333#msg1166333 date=1169648268]
[quote author=Mz3Corkey link=topic=67648.msg1166286#msg1166286 date=1169645227]
[/quote]

BBQ's are mostly family affairs unless organised by a club or company. Generally they consist of firing up an enclosed charcoal fire,the container made of either metal or brick. Food is usually bought prepared from butchers/supermarkets sometimes coated with seasonings. Any meat is acceptable unless there are religious preferences. Fish is also popular as are solid vegetables that can be skewered, ie corn on the cob, peppers, onions. Also some times available would be a large pan of baked beans. Bread rolls, salad and various relishes & pickles. The use of european sausages ( Bratwurst etc) has become more widespread. Beverages are usually Beer, Wine and softdrinks, colas etc.
OK ?

[/quote]

sounds tasty hope its a blast!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=neeldub link=topic=67648.msg1166276#msg1166276 date=1169644433]
[/quote]

There is a lot of parking spaces if you get there for about 9am which is what we all did last year. As long as I give the park numbers of people / cars etc then they are pretty helpful. We had over 50 people go last year and parking wasn't an issue.
Be good to meet some of you too :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
[quote author=willpower link=topic=67648.msg1166259#msg1166259 date=1169641620]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Neel.. According to the flyer I picked up the other day there are 3 BBQ sites around that lake, one of which has capacity for 100 people.

·
Registered
549 Posts
[quote author=Helen link=topic=67648.msg1166516#msg1166516 date=1169654819]
[/quote]

There is a lot of parking spaces if you get there for about 9am which is what we all did last year.
[/quote]

Oh Dear ! ! ! 9 am that means I'd have to leave home at 6.30 :?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Helen.. Thanks for that. ... As Japfest is in May and nearly 3 hours driving (155 miles) from me, and Keynes Water Park is 2hrs 15 (120) miles it would be a pretty intensive May for me. There is also the possibility as mentioned above that the Mazda meet could fall into this timescale.
For these reasons I personally would opt for June if there is a choice.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=willpower link=topic=67648.msg1168126#msg1168126 date=1169722872]
Helen.. Thanks for that. ... As Japfest is in May and nearly 3 hours driving (155 miles) from me, and Keynes Water Park is 2hrs 15 (120) miles it would be a pretty intensive May for me. There is also the possibility as mentioned above that the Mazda meet could fall into this timescale.
For these reasons I personally would opt for June if there is a choice.
[/quote]

for our mazda meet, june will indeed be more convinient for me too, as i will have exams in may... i saw somewhere around the 3rd week of june will be excellent... on a saturday or sunday?? and time tooo...

we need to confirm all this before i can start printing out the flyers. :)

i have a feeling that this will be a success...

how much for entry per person to the keynes park in june? does it say the prices on the flyer will?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Neel.. I think you misunderstood me, this thread is about the Autophoria BBQ which I expressed a preference for June. As for the Mazda Meet, well I guess somewhere in between the Japfest (19th May) and the BBQ (date currently unknown) or :dunno:.

I'm not sure about making them all as some Sundays I have to work. Let's see what date Helen decides then I'll have a better idea.

Re the cost , the flyer says that the entry charge (£1) is on top of the BBQ booking charge.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Forget about the best car club in the world. BBQ FTW, in any country that appreciates truly good BBQ. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention beer, warm or cold. Either is a necessity whilst devouring tasty BBQ, preferably the quite spicy concoction!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts