Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in CA bay area and am lookin to purchase a 09 speed 3 in the next month. anyone out here in the same area? got any tips on which dealer to visit and which to stay away from?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Check out Hayward Mazda...when I was car shopping I was 19 and everyone there took me seriously. Everyone was really nice too. I went to Diablo Mazda and once I told the salesman that my parents weren't gonna be there that day he totally blew me off...in the end Hayward Mazda got my business.

Plus I hear that they are very friendly to people who modify their cars :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^thnx. i have been dealing with the online salesman there. so far no red flags. makes me feel more at ease getting pos feedback from someone who has dealt with theem already.

·
Registered
327 Posts
[quote author=yang_jackson link=topic=137782.msg2970114#msg2970114 date=1235980101]
^thnx. i have been dealing with the online salesman there. so far no red flags. makes me feel more at ease getting pos feedback from someone who has dealt with theem already.
[/quote]

Yeah, I first contacted them online...really nice group of guys that work in the internet dept there...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Putnam Mazda
-Sales-Internet guy was a dick, but he's gone.
-Mechanics-super nice. I had an aftermarket HID bulb that was off, I couldn't get the wire in correctly. He spent 10 min fixing for me, free. Also, I think they lend Rx8s as warranty rentals there!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: bay area dealers. please read and help me out!!!!!

so here is an update.
i have my money together and am going to by a speed3 next sat (i am moving this sat).
so anyone have any horror stories of bay area dealers that i should stay away from?
any fond memories of dealerships w/excellent cust service that i should buy from?

ive been in contact w/just about every dealership around here through email and they all seem the same to me.
it seems as though i will be able to get one below invoice at just about every dealership (or so they say).

please lemme know. i am super psyched about this ride and want this to be a kick a$$ experience.

btw, i was entertaining the idea of waiting another month for the 2010, but the 09s are just so damn sexy!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm gonna stick to my guns and say Hayward Mazda...my buying experience was awesome and my parents thought that they were really good as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^thnx. hayward is at the top of my list. i wish car buying was as easy as goin to a store and pickin up some cheese and bread. im just worried i will find out i coulda saved a grand if i bought the car somewhere else. i guess the main thing is i know i will enjoy the speed!

·
Registered
327 Posts
[quote author=yang_jackson link=topic=137782.msg2984840#msg2984840 date=1236660053]
^thnx. hayward is at the top of my list. i wish car buying was as easy as goin to a store and pickin up some cheese and bread. im just worried i will find out i coulda saved a grand if i bought the car somewhere else. i guess the main thing is i know i will enjoy the speed!
[/quote]

Yeah, the money saved is nice, but if the people are nice and don't treat you like crap i.e. Diablo Mazda, then it is worth the pleasant experience I think...I don't think that there is a $1000 worth of wiggle room at the dealerships right now. I got mine for about invoice and that was when the economy was a little better...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dam. dealer just informed me that the 0%finance was only for regular mazda 3............... not the speed3. what kinda crap is that? i guess im gonna have to wait a little longer before my purchase.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah sucks to hear that, from what I've seen when looking for my car and even since I've owned mine is that they rarely ever give any incentives for the Speed3, I guess it's the price of performance..hahaha

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i am still negotiating w/ the internet mngr at fremont mazda. he offered to sell me a 09 speed3 gt w/o nav for $22,926.
i told him if he could make it $23,000 out the door w/the first payment deffered for 3 months, i would buy it. is that a good deal? think i could push it even lower?

my whole thinking is if he says no, i will wait til sept and buy a 2010 model. by then, i will have enough cash to buy one outright and not worry about paying interest. i HATE throwing away money on interest and will avoid it if at all possible.

·
Registered
327 Posts
23k out the door is pretty damn sweet if you can swing that deal, if that happens you would be saving like 2k from what I did I think. Mine was like 26k otd i think (not sure, my parents did all the financials). But I do have an extended warranty, that I might have voided with all of my mods... :lol:

Personally I don'y like the 2010 models at all, too much round, it isn't mean enough looking for the performance :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah. the big ol smile is kinda corny, but i figured they would clean up some of the first gen probs like the rattles, quality of the bose, and mounts. ive heard so many nightare stories on this forum about engines dropping and wheel hop. did you get aftermarket mounts? is that something i should look into as soon as (if) i get the 09? btw, where in the bay area do you stay?
and have you had any issues with your ride?

and to be honest, i dont think the new car looks half bad besides the smiley face.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I haven't had any problems at all really. There are some rattles, but I talked to the dealer the other day and I'm going to bring the car in during my spring break to fix them. I know for sure that there are tabs that can fix the windshield rattle (that's what I heard). In terms of the aftermarket mounts, I'm a poor college student so I bought the Corksport Rear motor mount inserts. They cut my drivetrain lash almost completely, so I have little to no wheel hop. They cost $35 I think, so if you can buy the car yourself they shouldn't be any type of financial burden. I haven't noticed anything with my stereo, and I do have the Bose, I don't turn it up all the way, I usually like listening to my car. When I'm in the Bay I'm in Castro Valley, but most of the time I'm at school in Davis, which is like an hour and a half north. If there is anything else you want to know PM me or something, and look at my sig for my mods... :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my 08 True Red MS3 GT from Capitol Mazda in San Jose. Kathi Greene the Internet Sales Manager was great and very knowledgable. Got a great price and and quality customer service. She will do what ever it takes to get the best deal for you. Give her a try and hopefully you will be satisfied. Good luck and enjoy the car when you get it!

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Funny you mention Kathi Greene. When I was looking for a 3 in 2004, I called her up with a price I got from a competing dealership. I told her if she could beat the price, I'd buy the car that afternoon. She told me I was lying to her and before she hung up on me, she said refuses to deal with people who waste her time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts