Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've dealt with this over a week and a day now where my battery light has constantly been flickering during my travels.

I've already been to Mazda who said the battery was completely dead, and checked out the alternator and "found nothing wrong". They "said" that they have never seen an alternator be replaced on the Mazda 3 as of yet, but it's 6 years old now and that kinda surprises me.

My car is a 2005 2.3 sedan, and they replaced the battery and I left on my marry way. However, the problem is still there, and actually becoming more annoying.

I will be taking it back to the dealer this week, but wanted to get some inputs on what else it could be.

1) No signs of issues with lighting in the car, starting the car, or any stalling
2) CEL is on, but is related to my CAI. It's been quite rainy as of late around here and that's what most likely triggered it (mazda confirms after checking the code). I am going back to stock minus the lower resonator this week hopefully
3) All I have done to my car electrical wise is HID's and LED taillights. They both work and show no signs of problems.

Any ideas?

· Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet! that's what i was hoping. Reason being was because the CEL and battery light both came on almost simultanously. I am glad though i did get the battery replaced anyway. Next is spark plugs which an easy DIY project i hope.

I will keep you posted.

· Registered
10,689 Posts
+1 on MAF wires.... almost 100% sure that's the issue. Specifically the ground wire. There was actually a TSB for it on 04-05 models, having to extend and re-pin the MAF ground wire.

EDIT: here it is...

TSB: 01-006/06
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS: 2004-2005 Mazda3 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1BK**** **350581 (produced before July 1, 2005)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.