Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
long story short my son disconnected the car battery out and when he placed back in put the + to - and sparks flew....After that the remote didn’t work only when we stuck the key in....Now the whole started playing up with lights going off on dashboard, power steering and car not even turning on now....I checked the 2 fuses connected to the positive battery and noticed where the white wire is connected too that fuses is blown....Does anyone know what that fuse would be for and what it’s called so i can purchase a new one and would that be the reason for the car electrical issues?

·
Registered
90 Posts
You didn't say the year and trim/engine, but it appears to be the 250-amp Main Fuse. 'Looks like you may also need the 80-amp one next to it, but I can't quite tell from your photo (I'm not sure what that one's for).

Yes, reversing the polarity of the system would reasonably lead to any number of electrical problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't say the year and trim/engine, but it appears to be the 250-amp Main Fuse. 'Looks like you may also need the 80-amp one next to it, but I can't quite tell from your photo (I'm not sure what that one's for).

Yes, reversing the polarity of the system would reasonably lead to any number of electrical problems.
Sorry it’s a 2010 Axela

1 - 3 of 3 Posts