Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one day my battery died, I tried to start the car and the only thing that happened was the instrument cluster illuminating random lights and the needles for the speedometer, etc went nuts.. the car wouldnt' start. So I went out to buy a new battery and after that everything worked fine except when I try to reset the tripometer by pressing the knob, instead of resetting it, it changed the brightness on the instrument cluster!!! Anyone know what might of happened here and know of a fix for this?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Are you sure you're pressing the right button to reset the trip meter? There's a similar button on the other side of the speedometer which changes the cluster brightness. Maybe the two are swapped?

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
The button to the left of the speedometer changes the brightness. The button to the right of the speedometer is to switch between trip A and trip B, and when you hold it down it resets the trip that is currently selected.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh man I feel like an idiot! and its not like I've never reset my tripmeter before!!! Must of been confused since I havent driven the car in so long. Thanks all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts