Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Mazda3S GT, but the Panasonic battery that comes with the car totally sucks. I am having an issue about the battery. The acid leaked out all over the car in the engine department. I used Baking Soda and warm water to clean up the mess, after that I hosed down the entire engine compartment with cold water. Now I see rust everywhere on my bolts and metal parts. The acid did take paint away from the engine area.
I am worried about the connectors and wires that the acid leaked onto for 2 days. What can any of you tell me. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
take your car in. the same thing is happening with me. but i have a cai so.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=allwakes link=topic=138153.msg2977973#msg2977973 date=1236283285]
[/quote]
Thanks Allwakes,
What did you do? What would they do if I take it in? What if they tell me that I voided my warranty with it. I cleaned it up very well, that they wont tell. What do you think? What is happening with yours?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
[quote author=cjre1 link=topic=138153.msg2978001#msg2978001 date=1236283928]
[quote author=allwakes link=topic=138153.msg2977973#msg2977973 date=1236283285]
[/quote]
Thanks Allwakes,
What did you do? What would they do if I take it in? What if they tell me that I voided my warranty with it. I cleaned it up very well, that they wont tell. What do you think? What is happening with yours?
[/quote]

If the battery leaked by itself, shouldn't it be covered by warranty? Why don't you want them to find out?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The battery leaked by itself, but after I added distilled water. The battery was only half full and didnt hold a charge. My car was stuck in the garage, I added water, not to the top, then drove 30 miles when I returned the acid leaked all over and the battery was dead. I put in one cup of water in all the cells. The battery was made in 2006. I bought the car in 07. I have decided to tell the dealer this Wednesday when I bring the car in to check all the sensors. I was worried to tell them because you know them, they will find ever excuse to void your warranty. What shall I do? Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE: Last night, I just installed an Optima Yellow Top and all my problems went away. WOW, this battery is great and really cranks the car. Who else has one and likes the yellow top?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news, the dealer ran a fun complete diagnostic on my car and all is good, the acid did nothing to the engine, nor wires. I am in the clear. That was close. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, Here we go again for round 4. The car died again.
Does anyone have this issue, when you drive on the freeway in bumper to bumper traffic, then the traffic clears, the car just goes to 0MPH from 70 and wont go anymore? I having this issue since I bought the car. I have 2900 miles on the 07 MS3 GT. The problems happen at 1600 miles, only when I tdrive stop and go on the freeway. Now the engine light is on and the engine shakes. Please help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts