Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
This is my first real post here. I've been lurking for quite a while but I'm getting closer to trading in my Supra for a new Mazda 3 sedan.

Anyway, I'm just curious as to what everyone has been able to get for free from the dealer? When my roommate bought a new Sentra SE-R in 2002 he got a sunroof, tint, and foglights thrown in for free (By letting himself be upsold from a GXE to a SE-R even though he fully intended on getting one anyway).

So what'd you get?? :twisted:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Well, I got wheel locks... I think... maybe I didn't. Don't remember.

Anyway, you, as the customer, pays for everything. So the dealer didn't "throw in" anything. It's just that with what you are paying, the stuff "thrown in" is paid for and the dealer is still making money.

But sometimes it may be easier for you to get stuff "thrown in" rather than get a further discount in purchase price.

Edit: Just checked... didn't get wheel locks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The sticker on my car was $19,545 and I paid $17,717. $500 rebate, $500 loyalty cash because my sister bought a 6 last summer and $828 off through the ford partner program that my company is part of.

So I didn't get anything for free but I got 1 hell of a deal. I wanted the sport package but the car looks great without it and I couldn't pass up this deal. The way I look at it I got 2 out of these 3 things for free, AT trans, ABS package or the Moonroof/6 disc changer. :D

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Innocent_Bystander said:
The sticker on my car was $19,545 and I paid $17,717. $500 rebate, $500 loyalty cash because my sister bought a 6 last summer and $828 off through the ford partner program that my company is part of.

So I didn't get anything for free but I got 1 hell of a deal. I wanted the sport package but the car looks great without it and I couldn't pass up this deal. The way I look at it I got 2 out of these 3 things for free, AT trans, ABS package or the Moonroof/6 disc changer. :D
Congrats on your MZ3! Where specifically in Southeastern PA do you live? I am originally from Philly, but live around Harrisburg because of my new (Sept 2003) job.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah, Lee is right you don't really get anything for free, the dealer always money..maybe you might ask the dealer to thrown in couple of free oil changes since haven't heard anyone that know where the oil filter is located. I heard its a cannister type?

I got my sales to thrown in one free oil change though.

-PL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks, I'm right outside of a small town called Oxford. It's about 50 minutes southeast of the stadiums in Philly and about 1-1:15 from Harrisburg. I live among the Amish. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well I got Wheel Locks a cargo net and the non-smokers ashtray for "free". I would have gotten the deal done at the rate I wanted either way, these were a last minute grasp at something free that I managed to get.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I got a "free" bag of roadside emergency goodies...such as an ice scraper, a first aid kit, an engine bay light, a set of jumper cables, a multitool screwdriver, and a bag that carries it all.

Not bad, and actually useful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nuthin' for free

I paid about $700 over invoice (before a $500 rebate) for our 3i that we picked up yesterday, and I was happy to. I mean, some people get a thrill out of bargaining for the best possible deal, but in general I am not one of those people. I took a look at the MSRP, invoice, and Edmund's TMV. I decided a fair price -- based on the quick rate at which my local dealer was selling these cars -- was about $100 less than Edmund's TMV, or about $500 less than MSRP. The dealer accepted this offer, and I was out the door with my new 3i in about an hour. Although some would be bothered that the dealer got $700 plus holdback, I couldn't care less.

Oh yeah -- I did get 3.34% 60-month financing, which you could consider part of the deal. I got it by accident though. I had fully intended to finance through my credit union, and I told the dealership as much. The finance guy there said "what if we give you a better rate than your credit union's?" I told him I didn't care. He looked at my credit report and offered the 3.34%...and I couldn't say no (credit union was 4.75%).

All in all, no regrets. I hope this doesn't offend any of you shrewd bargainers out there. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
the non-smokers ashtray

What is the non-smokers ashtray???
It's simply the same ashtray design as what's in there but it's lined in a light velvet that allows you to presumably put coin or other objects in there so they don't rattle. It's partly a good idea though since it's the same contour as the regular ashtray it's a little less than what I was hoping for, I was expecting more of a regular oval cup. At any rate I doubt it's really worth the $40cdn they are asking for it, thankfully I got them to throw it in at the end.

Oh yeah and I forgot I got the Xbox bundle as well. :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
I just poped the ashtray liner out and now that compartment is large enough to hold my garage door opener.

·
Registered
5 Posts
PL said:
yeah, Lee is right you don't really get anything for free, the dealer always money..maybe you might ask the dealer to thrown in couple of free oil changes since haven't heard anyone that know where the oil filter is located. I heard its a cannister type?

I got my sales to thrown in one free oil change though.

-PL
If the 3 engine is anything like the protoge the filter is in a really really gay spot toward the middle of the engine block on the firewall side, best access from underneith.

Jim

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah Lee, I saw that but I ended up putting my garage door opener in that slot to the left of the steering column. I took the clip off and put 3 velcro dots on it and it sits in there all nice and hidden and I can click it without having to open a door. In the non smokers ashtray area I put my pocket knife, if it was a bit wider I'd put my air gauge in there.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I didn't get a damn thing. Nothing but a hard time - makes me wonder how they because the #1 rated dealer in the area.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
LeeLee said:
I just poped the ashtray liner out and now that compartment is large enough to hold my garage door opener.
But what about the hideous white light?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Innocent_Bystander said:
Thanks, I'm right outside of a small town called Oxford. It's about 50 minutes southeast of the stadiums in Philly and about 1-1:15 from Harrisburg. I live among the Amish. :)
LOL! I grew up in West Grove. Talk about small world.

·
Registered
947 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
LeeLee said:
But what about the hideous white light?
Hmmm, I had the opposite reaction. I thought "kewl, nice bright light". I guess you can take a piece of tape and tape over the light.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Oil Filter is on the "forward" side of the engine in the center sitting out in plain view once you remove the plastic splash shield that covers the lower engine bay (8-10 screws/bolts).

The filter is a cartridge type and not a screw on. It requires a allen wrentch thing to open the drain and then another wrench to undo the filter package itself to get to the cartridge.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts