Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Stage IV turbo kit from this man back in December and Jerad told me it would take no more than two weeks until the turbo was ready to ship. Talking to him on the phone, he gave me the impression that he knew what he was talking about and seeemed like he has a decent amount of experience in the field. And i'm sure he does i'll give him that, but after numerous tries to contact him about the status of my order, he tells me one thing after another and it's already been almost FOUR MONTHS which is rediculous! I give up, if I can't get a tracking number by tomorrow for the procucts I paid for then I'm calling Visa to do a chargerback. And if they can't do that I'll have to go out of my way to file a police report and hopefully I can get my $3,500 back. :?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I feel for you dude. Nothing worse than being jerked around.

I've had a few dealings with vendors who "exaggerate" timeframes. What a lot of them don't realize is that if they're honest about it, and don't lie, 99% of the time, no one gets upset. As soon as the "it shipped yesterday" "there was a problem, but it shipped today" "it'll go out monday for sure" stories start coming, people start looking for their money back.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Stay away from SCI!

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
^^ I have heard the same thing, a stage IV turbo is for the 3? Seems like alot of boost, is SCI making universal fit turbos and specific intercoolers? Seems a complate buildup is needed for stage IV turbos in this car.

What are you using for internals? FMS?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
superjudge, what you have to realize is stages mean absolutely nothing. don't get caught up in "cool sounding" advertisement. stages vary from different manufacturers. there is no set rule that says a stage 4 equals x amount of hp.

the stage 4 sci kit is just a basic turbo kit. i believe the stage 0 kit or whatever they called it did not include an intercooler or blow off valve.

sad to see someone else got burned by jared.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Call your credit card company ASAP and switch to Hi-Boost!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM SCI!!!!!

lol. I have the stage 4 kit. Even though Im not impressed with all of it, it works. The biggest problem with SCI is his lies. I pulled the manifold off the car and basically disabled it because he said the kit was shipped, of course he lied. About a month later, it came. If he would just stop being so full of shit, people would understand.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I understand about stages, that's why I posted the question, there are no stages for these cars when it comes to upgrades period.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I wouldnt recommend a turbo without a intercooler. The price diffrence is minimal, since it has to follow the same pipe route anyways, plus its considerably slower and more prone to detonation.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
sci is.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah been waiting on my cooler from them for almost 2 months now and like everyone else got a run of lies. My favorite was "It says here you already recieved it, I guess ill send you another." Already got the VB but Lentech sent that straight to me. Now I know 2 months isnt a real long time but hey. I understand they are most likely very busy and have alot of things to do but they most likely wont stay in business long with this sort of tactic. They wont get any of mine again. Im through ranting gotta go

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i know mods aren't in here often (seems that way at least), but would it be worth putting their sponsorship on "hold" for a bit? nothing against Jared personally by any means, and i don't know how board sponsors pay and whatnot? But, if a newcomer to 3forums, sees SCI is a sponsor, i'm gonna order from them.....currently, they are going to get burned. give Jared some time to catch up, organize what's already on his plate (or what's getting moved to F2's plate) and then bring them back on if so desired?

i know, not quite on topic....but i think most would expect members to be able to order from a board sponsor?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
You know what? I've been trying not to say anything and cover his back... but he has done nothing but ignore my phone calls (IM EVEN ONE OF HIS SPONSORS). I played a BIG part in selling Ed the turbo kit he has now. In returns, Jerad said he would send me an intake for the sale. When was that Ed? 4 months ago? Still no intake. I haven't been bugging him and bugging him either, until about a month ago it started getting annoying waiting for it. I can't believe I even THOUGHT I was going to get an intake. Nope, I was wrong. I have delt with his lies and "Yeah I have the intake boxed up it's ready to be shipped out with the others" BS. You know what Jerad? I don't even want the damn intake anymore. You just used me to make profit and don't give me shit out of it. Thanks have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
And the hits keep on coming... This company needs to be X'd. Tea, I'm sorry man, but this has gone alot further than just, "It's a small company, he's busy, give him a chance..."etc. SCi has got to go. And any one who believes in Him is just plain "dumb" IMO.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Yeah, SCi isnt just reorganizing, he is a snake. Even small companies have the time to comment on the forums here or call back his customers. He dosent even answer his phone, ever. SCI needs to go, jerking customers around is a pretty shitty thing to do.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
hey i agree to some extent, but i have no idea how companies pay for sponsorship here? he might have paid for 12 months already....i don't know?

i give everyone the benefit of the doubt. if he was REALLY that bad, he would have been that way from the start...but he wasn't. it seems to me now, it's like someone who has a lot of CC companies calling them everyday....so you just don't want to answer the phone. good person, just overwhelmed, and doesn't know how to stay afloat now.

if you look at anyone's chats with him 4+ months ago, Jared was the coolest guy around....that's what i'm saying. he made some bad choices

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
His bus ethics have already allowed him to have a loss bus all across the board. Sad to say though if someone new comes to the forum they might be jacked around and end up in the same situation. Agree with everyone on the part that he should be booted for crap bus but then again he has all the right in the world to run whatever type of show he wants. Especially if he has payed for sponsorship. Everyone just needs to learn not to buy. Hopefully word will get around quick.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts