Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, or can not many Portland/Vancouverians drive in the snow?
Granted we only get it a few times a year, but it happens every year around the same time. Just plan on not driving, or driving a lot slower.
Watching the news, people just sit there spinning their wheels going "derr why am I not going anywhere?"
I have the stock Eagle RSA's, and after 20k miles, theyre mighty bald now. I had to drive around, to the bank (my debit card was forged in mexico, stole all my money), to the store, to work.
I didn't have any problems really, I could even get up my steep driveway, which turned to sheets of ice after a few times going up it.
Also made it up the Burnside hill, where it splits off to Sandy... about 12 cars were in the middle of the road, all stuck, just spinning their wheels. I just went up the right lane, stopped on the hill for the light, then it turned green, started back up the gear in 2nd, minor tire slipping, but controlled it easily with the clutch.
Same for 47th, where it passes Providence Hospital... very long steep hill... there were already a couple tow trucks there pulling people off the hill, but I was commited. I just kept the RPM's stable, kept tires planted, and breezed up the hill.
One of the tow trucks arriving to pull people out was giving me the thumbs up for making it up like a champ, where so many SUV's and Subarus had faild ;)

Just wish I had my 4WD tercel working... this is the weather I bought it for, to keep my 3 off the road. But, I blew the head gasket on the tercel, so its in my mom's garage waiting to get fixed :(

/end rant

·
Registered
44 Posts
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well done, skullone. I think most of the people on here that complain about this or that tire just don't realize one has to drive a bit more gently in the snow. It is, afterall, ice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts