Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okis.... i got my car like 3 dayz ago... It was all fine till this morning... I came to work all hyped up and went to underground parking.... saw a space but tight... oh well i thought i can make it... well.. there was a piller at the right side of my car... lol I heard SCRATCH!!!!!!! and i stopped and backed it up.... What do i notice? a BIG HUGE freakin scratch on my right door... Well.. it's not so visible from far away, but since it's new car, I went to the body shop..... dude... costs me $450 for the paint job!!!.. There goes my pay chek!!!!! Well drive safe and park safe ppl..

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I always park in the back, double spaced.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I park in my garage, next to nothing else. At work I park in the parkade but I have no car next to me and a good sized gap on the other side. Sorry to hear about your scratch. Maybe ask the dealer if they have anyone they deal with, you may be able to score a discount if they know a shop.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Sorry to hear about the incident.

Perhaps continuing this story in your car's thread (if there is one) would be better???

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've only had mine two days,I would be sick, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hmm

I backed into a picnic table strategically placed in the middle of a parking lot (who knows) at 5km/h. Pulled forward, looked at the rear bumper, no scratch/indent, then drove off.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Luckily I park in a lot at work and not a garage.

A couple weeks ago a friend of mine parked his brand new WRX STi on the line between the spaces to keep people from parking to close. I watched a woman pull in next to him right on the line... and then bunp the car with her door! Luckily no scratches, so it's funny!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hear you...

....because almost the exact same thing happened to me: Four days after I picked up my car, I was turning into the garage at work and slightly distracted...and heard a SCCRAAAAPPPPE. My fender's now scratched in a way that varies from hardly detectable to nightmarishly obvious, depending on the light.

I'm going to get it fixed, but since the first body shop I went to estimated $1000 and said they'd have to essentially remove and paint the entire driver's side of the car, I'm going to shop around a bit.

-- Harry

·
Registered
202 Posts
everyone at my place of work has modded cars or body kits and things of that nature, so we all respect each others' cars and park along the back of the lot diagonally across 2-2.5 spaces each so that nobody parks next to us but each other. However, people still do :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.