Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking to get a Mazda 3. I need 4 doors, a trunk, good gas mileage, and great reliability. Mazda 3 fits all of these aspects plus it is sporty, affordable, and has some sweet options.

I haven't really anything bad about the 3. All I have heard is that the interior parts may be a bit cheap and the trunk is a weird/small. Does anybody have any negative comments about the 3?

Plan on test-driving one myself this weekend! All opions and comments are appreciated!

·
Registered
773 Posts
BK1017 said:
Plan on test-driving one myself this [bold]weekend[/bold]! All opions and comments are appreciated!
Ummmm... Car dealerships are open on weekends in the US? Here they are only open weekdays.

---

As for the interior being cheap, I think you will eat your words once you sit in one. :lol:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Dealerships in the U.S. are open on Saturdays ( until around 6PM), and in some areas on Sunday.

I agree about the interior NOT being cheap. I have loved all 3 of my test drives :) Next one will be when I sign on the dotted line in April :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well, it's a great little car. It drives like a sports car, the brakes are good (if a little dust producing), and the interior is nice. As for reliability, it is a first year car, so if there's a year to avoid, this is it, but no problems thus far for me. As for the trunk, it's suprisingly roomy considering the short rear overhang. For me, the only major problem I have with this car is the gas mileage. I don't know what vehicle you had before, but my Mazda 3s with an automatic gets right around 25 mpg. Not bad, but not even in the same league as a Civic or Corolla, especially the Civic Hybrid. Not a major thing, considering the size of the engine, but it adds up over the course of a year. Oh, one last point I would make is the lower insurance cost of the Mazda 3. I lowered my deductible over my old car, (from 500 to 300 per incident), and my insurance only went up 180 dollars over my old Tercel. I guess the safety packages and such really factor into an insurance company's decision on cost. My best advice--drive it and see what you notice most. My guess is that you'll love it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dealerships are open on weekends here in the states... I bought mine on a Sunday :) I love it, absolutely no problems as of yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
SBTanMan said:
Well, it's a great little car. It drives like a sports car, the brakes are good (if a little dust producing), and the interior is nice. As for reliability, it is a first year car, so if there's a year to avoid, this is it, but no problems thus far for me. As for the trunk, it's suprisingly roomy considering the short rear overhang. For me, the only major problem I have with this car is the gas mileage. I don't know what vehicle you had before, but my Mazda 3s with an automatic gets right around 25 mpg. Not bad, but not even in the same league as a Civic or Corolla, especially the Civic Hybrid. Not a major thing, considering the size of the engine, but it adds up over the course of a year. Oh, one last point I would make is the lower insurance cost of the Mazda 3. I lowered my deductible over my old car, (from 500 to 300 per incident), and my insurance only went up 180 dollars over my old Tercel. I guess the safety packages and such really factor into an insurance company's decision on cost. My best advice--drive it and see what you notice most. My guess is that you'll love it.

dude u r comparing are 1.7L 115hp car to a mazda3s 2.3L 160 hp engine!!! what more do u want for gas mileage. if u do want to save gas than get a echo or the ones u have listed above... :?:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Even the 3 can get decent mileage. I've gotten up to 33 mpg on the highway in my stick. The only prob is to get good mileage you've got to drive like a granny...only 80 mph on the freeway.

If you want really good mileage, go get a one cylinder motorcycle. If you want a sweet car that combines the best of mileage and power, get the 3.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Still pretty new Juan, I'm sure it will improve, heck it's been out for barely 3 months now.

And dealerships here in Calgary are open Saturdays as well, Sunday's they aren't which I am somewhat surprised about but they probably know when they need to be open to catch most of their traffic.

I just wish dealership service departments would be open later on Saturday's. I think my dealership is open to 1pm on Saturdays, not convienent at all.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Published reviews have been quite positive, but do cite a few areas that they felt could have been better. I know a few of them stated that they found road noise to be somewhat high. You could go into the "3 in the news" forum and read down through the links to a number of reviews to find out more.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Juan said:
The only problem I have with my 3 is the unavailability of after-market parts :cry:

just to correct it..hehe there is no "s type" persay =)...just an S..

·
Registered
137 Posts
cheaper insurance because parts are cheaper than most imports... ford compatibility... or so say the insurance companies i've been talking to recently.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Ford compatibility?...
the MZ3 didn't take any parts from the Ford bin, did they?

G

·
I think its cheaper because its a 4cyl. and it is on the cheaper end as a whole not just because of the individual parts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts