Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thinkin of putting the Axela Tag on there 3s?
Im want to get one, how do u take the 3 out without any paint lost?

And where can u get the original Japan Axela tag?
How much should the tag be around?

·
Registered
132 Posts
i'm gonna shave mine off and leave it off.

you use dental floss to cut off the letters and then tar remover to remove the sticky stuff and then wash off dry and put a little wax on there and buff to shine.

I think corksport should have them soon. www.corksport.com

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Sorry guys... take the tags off and prepare for HOLES!

I took apart the bottom side of my hatch and you can clearly see 2 BIG holes for the Mazda (the 3 doesnt have any holes under it) and the symbol has 2 little holes.

Sucks eh... well time to shave the hatch!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
vaBooM said:
Sorry guys... take the tags off and prepare for HOLES!

I took apart the bottom side of my hatch and you can clearly see 2 BIG holes for the Mazda (the 3 doesnt have any holes under it) and the symbol has 2 little holes.

Sucks eh... well time to shave the hatch!
That's a first for Mazda. It was so easy to take out the adhesive that held the Tribute's tags in place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hmm
i guess i need to take it to a body shop hehe
they are gonna be like WTF is this thing?!?!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I got a quote for the Mazda badge and the Mazda3 badge for $275. That includes removing, welding back plates, filling and repainting it.

I used this company a few times, they cutting me a deal........ finally.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Heres my way:

1) Leave the car in the sun for a few hours, or heatgun/hair dryer
2) Use dental floss
3) Slowly rock back and forth while a buddy pulls on the emblem gently
4) Remove the rest of the double-sided tape by hand! or best have your g/f do it. Dont gouge your nail into the paint either, fingertips only.
5) If your gonna wax the whole car, then do it. If not, you can use Bug & Tar remover and slowly agitate the discoloration and clean it off. Best would be to wax though.

Bingo.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Emblem removal is VERY easy.

As long as the emblem is glued/double sidedtaped, then it should be very easy to remove!

All you need to do is grab a hairdryer, and warm up the area, then, slowly peel it off. Any remaining adhesive can just be rubbed off. I did that for my last car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
nah, i think putting axela on this car is almost like putting integra on rsx. i just don't think it belongs. what's next mazda3 type r?
a little too rice for me.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
6_funk said:
nah, i think putting axela on this car is almost like putting integra on rsx. i just don't think it belongs. what's next mazda3 type r?
lmao, dont even start thinking about it. Ya know some 16 yo punk is gonna get the car for Christmas or something and have TypeR put on it. With that lame light up Radioactive symbol.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
6_funk said:
Agree. I'm just gonna leave it like that.
"Mazda3" sounds more manly than "Axela" :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I dunno... I kinda like the Axela plan... and since they say the Mazda3 text does not have holes under it... no problem. It should be about a $50 job for that one, no?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Wrong! There are holes under the Mazda, not the 3.

The badge also has 2 tiny holes.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Look around on Ebay. There is always small accessories on there.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts