Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys, i heard a rumor that someone had changed the drive train to a AWD one. i was wondering if anyone has done this before, and if not i was wondering if anyone had any input on this cuz im thinking of trying it out
thanks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
DG motorsports did it. I think they hacked up an MS6 for the drivetrain.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=kas79 link=topic=135912.msg2927076#msg2927076 date=1234295238]
DG motorsports did it. I think they hacked up an MS6 for the drivetrain.
[/quote]
ya i see that DG did it was a mazdaspeed6 drive train, but i live in alaska, so there arent very many ms6 and i dont feel like shipping one up here just to salvage the drive train. but i just relized i might beable to buy the oem drive train from a web site thanks for the input

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright from the looks of it i read about the DG they did it for a HB and they had to do some slight modifaction so it could fit. but i did a some light searching on the web and i couldnt find a drive train. would anyone know were i could purchase one. (btw i have a sedan) thanks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hatches and sedans are the same underneath, except the speed, it has more bracing and supports. The mod should fit all 3 being it was done on a speed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i really wana do it, i just gota find a drive train that i can use thats not too bad and hopfully if i can find one that dosent have very man miles on it, cuz i just got my 09 back in october
lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BUST!!!!! update, i spoke with David Green from DG motor sports and they dont sell the drivetrain, lol i didnt think so he suggested just going to the yard for you guys who wana do this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts