Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone know about any reliable secrets to avoiding the 5-O? Jammers, detectors, court stories, license plate films... etc. my main input is go to court,and if you know the cop did not catch you on camera, contest the ticket, they can never prove it was you w/o camera evidence or a witness, i.e. a second officer in the car, but all-in-all it is definitely worth a try, i have had three speeding and 2 moving violations thrown out, simply by just showing up to court, if the officer misses the appearance, then you automatically win the case, never pay a ticket, there is almost always a way out, if all else fails, at least ask for deferred adjudication which will put u on a 90 day probation for moving violations and expunges the ticket from your record, or apply for defensive driving, pay the $100 instead of $200 ticket fines and go to Hollywood Video and get the defensive driving class video. don't 4get to send a copy of the def driving certificate after completion to your insurance company, in most cases they will lower your rates. remember that you are only allowed to take d.d. once every six months, and you can only be on probation once per county at a time. you can however be on probation in several counties at the same time, as i am currently on probation in bexar, comal, and brooks counties at this very moment, and i still have outstanding warrants/tickets that remain unresolved, and no threat to revoke my license as of yet 8) 8) 8).
please post any other helpful tips y'all may have.

for instance:
i read on the net that there is an opaque film that you can buy to put over the license plate that distorts the image when photographed. this prevents traffic tickets from those automatic cameras posted on many redlights around our "free" country these days. anyone else heard of it, or tried it? let me know please, and remember, always go to court on time!!! it will save you lots of $

also if anyone has a radar jammer that works please post on it, thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, i have contested several tickets that i know i was not in view of the cop's camera and I was present when the D.A. questioned both myself and the officer about the incident, after I give my explanation, and the officer has no proof otherwise, his radar cannot prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) that it was my particular car that it detected w/o some other form of evidence to back it up... and like I said, the main point is to go to court on time, and never admit guilt, even if you are guilty, you never have to admit it, don't make it easier for them, the worst they can do is make you pay the tickets. Not to be rude, but the calibration of a radar gun or its tuning fork does nothing to prove who it was pointing at the exact moment he clocked it, lol. My argument,which has won for me at least 3 separate times, is simply one of them proving it was me and not any number of other moving things on the freeway at the time. You can be assured that this is a self-proven method, tried & true, but you can continue to pay your police to harass you if you wish, I will choose to fight them at every given opportunity, i have better things to do with my money

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this thread is getting off-track anyway. what i really need to know is if anyone recommends any particular radar jammer over any others based on their personal experiences with the product? i see rocky mountain ones lookin pretty nice. anyone use one? is it worth the 250$ or is it just gonna give me a false sense of security? i have a radar detector, i don't want to know about detectors, just jamming methods, if there are any real ones.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I don't know which court you went to, but I've been to court in a couple different counties, and each time I have seen people fight it the way you did and lose. I don't recall you establishing earlier that you have to have other people driving. What if he pulled you over and you were the only one there in sight? I've been to court at least 5 times, and each time I have had to fought to prove the radar wasn't properly calibrated.

Calibrating the radar gun gives it a certain length of time (I believe 6 months, I have to look it up) but these things have been established as case law.

No method is bulletproof if the cop will actually bring all documentation, but there are more weaknesses in your method.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does not matter if you are the only person or not, the burden is on the court to prove (beyond reasonable doubt) that it was me driving and they will never be 100% w/o video or a witness, u don't have to believe me, i really don't care anymore, i just want to hear about people's jammers, is that o.k. with u boardumb? 8)
Oh, and btw, Bexar County Courthouse on Frio street, across the street from UTSA Downtown campus. ( most of the prosecutors know me already), lol. I've gotten more than 15 moving violations since 2000. In fact, I have an appearance on Monday...

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
[quote author=kspec link=topic=70336.msg1230882#msg1230882 date=1172415665]
on mythbusters, they wrapped a car in aluminum foil so the radar detectors wouldnt catch it.

it didnt work.
[/quote]

Wow, I wonder what geniuses were perpetuating that myth... "I bet if we wrap our car in radiation-reflecting material, it will be less visible to a device that works by bouncing radio waves off your car!"
:dur:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
[quote author=nebular link=topic=70336.msg1230878#msg1230878 date=1172415345]
It does not matter if you are the only person or not, the burden is on the court to prove (beyond reasonable doubt) that it was me driving and they will never be 100% w/o video or a witness, u don't have to believe me, i really don't care anymore, i just want to hear about people's jammers, is that o.k. with u boardumb? 8)
Oh, and btw, Bexar County Courthouse on Frio street, across the street from UTSA Downtown campus. ( most of the prosecutors know me already), lol. I've gotten more than 15 moving violations since 2000. In fact, I have an appearance on Monday...
[/quote]

Nothing against you, I just don't want people going to court thinking that if they say no, they have a good chance of winning if the cop shows up. I want people fighting tickets to be the most prepared. End.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Name: boardumb
Total Posts: 5047 (15.156 per day)
Mazda3Forums Posts: 5053
SmallVolvos Posts: 0
Ford Fusion Club Posts:
MazdaSpeeders Posts:
Position: F1 Driver
Date Registered: March 29, 2006, 01:36:26 PM

Nothing personal boardumb, but 15 posts a day for a year? don't you have anything better to do, guess not; hence the name.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry my friend, 15 post a day is your average for the entire time you've been on here, lol. not last year when you had a certain job. u r funny

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn boardumb,
u r kind of sensitive for a guy that goes around posting argumentative notes to new members, just chill man, nobody cares that u don't have a life. btw i am joking man, don't take things so personally. Hell, we're both from Texas man, relax we might actually meet sometime and i don't want to have a bad taste in my mouth at the time, lol o.k.?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts