Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Eric at Auxmod about the release date for the Auxmod Advance and this is his reply...Looks like maybe March as a release date...Cross your fingers and knock on wood..

"Hi Gil,

We're actually running slow - surprise. We're on a new board revision, and
have made major changes to our module to make it more versatile. We're
planning on getting a release going soon. I'm aiming for March, and I think
it's do-able. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Thanks for your interest in AuxMod!

Regards,

Eric"

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been waiting for a year now....

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
100$ for a cable that plugs into your radio is crazy.(at least the original one)

gimme a wiring diagram and ill do it for 4.95$

whats the difference between an advance one and a basic one?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=66390.msg1140092#msg1140092 date=1168321419]
100$ for a cable that plugs into your radio is crazy.(at least the original one)

whats the difference between an advance one and a basic one?
[/quote]

It's not just a cable, it's a card that's integrating with your HU and convincing it there's another device plugged in there. Also the advanced is far more..... advanced than the basic. ;)

From the website http://sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/

Feature AuxMod Basic AuxMod Advanced
Auxillary 3.5mm Stereo Line In YES YES
RS-232 Serial Connection for PC Control NO YES
Upgradable to Portable MP3 Control NO YES
Upgradable Audio Expansion Modules NO YES
User Firmware Upgrades Supported NO YES
LCD Text display - Like CD-MP3 unit NO YES
Integrated High Fidelity Ground Loop Isolator NO YES
Price $60 TBD - being revised
Availability Limited Quantities SOON

·
Registered
419 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=66390.msg1140092#msg1140092 date=1168321419]

[/quote]

see my post here

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=66320.0

for a description of how these radios work, you CANNOT just plug a cable in and have it work.

Zc

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
umm...

too bad i don't have an mp3 player, or else i'd be tempted to just wire this up myself

·
Registered
186 Posts
Let's see, it was August, then November, then January, now March. At this rate, I'll be ready to get rid of my 3 before it's available.

From that message, it looks like they're tweaking it. There's a point when you should say 'enough tweaking, let's sell this thing!'. I mean their research and production costs must be adding up, right?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I looked at the website for more information, but I'm still a bit confused. What does the Advanced do that the basic doesn't? Some one is really gonna have to break this down for me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
611 Posts
scroll up a couple posts- blue box. Its a side by side comparison

Advanced will show information on the LCD screen- basic wont.
Advanced will have patches for the firmware that can be installed via PC
Advanced has a built in GLI- fixes noise that could be caused by various components being grounded improperly/at bad locations.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks, I saw the box but needed in broken down a bit. I'm new to this audio stuff so some of it is over my head. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=FluffyDucky link=topic=66390.msg1142612#msg1142612 date=1168448927]
By 'displays text' does that mean it will display my track listings? If so I'm very annoyed I didn't hold out for this!
[/quote]

If things work out like they want then it will display ID3 tag information..... So artist, album, song, etc.

·
Registered
260 Posts
[quote author=icspots link=topic=66390.msg1142615#msg1142615 date=1168449051]
[quote author=FluffyDucky link=topic=66390.msg1142612#msg1142612 date=1168448927]
By 'displays text' does that mean it will display my track listings? If so I'm very annoyed I didn't hold out for this!
[/quote]

If things work out like they want then it will display ID3 tag information..... So artist, album, song, etc.
[/quote]

Big hairy b*llocks!

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
you don't have to censor bullocks. most of us dont know what it means.

[quote author=Peter Griffin]
the only british slang i know is *** means ciggarette.

"well someone needs to tell that ciggarette to shutup"
[/quote]

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bullock is a tiny male cow. A bollock, as in "the dogs bollocks!" meaning good, and plain "bollocks" meaning bad! We've got some confusing slang.

Like you call em fanny packs while we call the same thing a bum bag because a fanny is a 'front bottom'...

·
Registered
186 Posts
[/quote]

If you bought the Basic, I think they're offering a credit for the Advanced when/if it's released.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts