Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased my Aux Mod Basic off of a website which was listed on couple threads here, my problem come with the noise i get.

1. Using it for MP3 player, it WORK 100% GREAT

2. Using it for Sirius Radio "Line Out" or CD player or anyother kind, I get this CRAZY noise, whinning, sounds like altenator noise, and so on, and i do have Gound Loops. What is going on, is it better for me to go with FM Adapter than AUX wire than?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Some questions:
-Are you charging the Mp3 player while you're playing it?
-Same question for you CD player? (I assume that's a discman type, yes?)
-Is your sirius an auxillary unit, e.g. a sirius starmate?
-Does the sound continue happening if the engine is off?
-What do you mean by you have ground loops? Do you mean you have ground loop isolators?
-Is the AuxMod seated properly?

As long as you can figure out what's causing the noise then I would most certainly say to not go with a FM transmitter as long as you can mange not using one. I mean it would work, but for the most part they sound so much worse than a direct line.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=icspots link=topic=65885.msg1129214#msg1129214 date=1167759564]
Some questions:
-Are you charging the Mp3 player while you're playing it?

Because i do not have my mp3 anymore and switched to Phatnoise i do not use it with Aux Mod, but i did not charge it while playing it "my mp3 player was not capable of doing it".

-Same question for you CD player? (I assume that's a discman type, yes?)

I only have used it once, and it was with my buddy's CD player

-Is your sirius an auxillary unit, e.g. a sirius starmate?

Whats the difference? Its sirius S50

-Does the sound continue happening if the engine is off?

When engine is off, no whinning noise at all, but at starting it i hear that whine pretty bad, the higher RPM the louder "kinda A gas SAVER REMINDER ;(". I have noticed it does it with anything i connect the AUX wire to, even with MP3 player, but with MP3 player its noticable when i play music at volume 5, which is very quiet and buzzing noise was killing me, now when i connect it to Sat Sirius the lowest i need to have my volume is 10, cause the buzz whinning noise is much louder.

-What do you mean by you have ground loops? Do you mean you have ground loop isolators?

Yes thats what i meant. I have an amp connected to my stock stereo headunit and because whinning was an issue i got myself those ground loop isolators. "Schosche".

-Is the AuxMod seated properly?

Yes, very firmly.

As long as you can figure out what's causing the noise then I would most certainly say to not go with a FM transmitter as long as you can mange not using one. I mean it would work, but for the most part they sound so much worse than a direct line.
[/quote]

Well i think it could be cause i got a bunch of wiring for stereo involved and crossing, i will try to rewire the wiring and see if the problem will be solved. But this Whinning RPM noise is always there whenever i connect anything ot it.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Okay so just checking.

-It makes the sound with all audio sources plugged into your 3.5mm, just varies depending on what volume you have them at.
-It doesn't do it when the engine is off.
-You have an amp connected to the stereo, and there are GLI's between it and the HU.

So with you saying there's an amp I'm starting to agree with you that you may have your signal and power wires running too close together. It's common to get interference in your sound if the power is too close. New question. Do you have a GLI between the audio source and the AuxMod? If you don't then I would highly recommend you get a 3.5-3.5mm GLI and put it inline with that cable. Crutchfield has one for about $17.

as for the sirius I was trying to see if you have the OEM sirius which connects through a different plug, or if you had an aftermarket one hooked through the AuxMod.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=icspots link=topic=65885.msg1129516#msg1129516 date=1167769064]
Okay so just checking.

-It makes the sound with all audio sources plugged into your 3.5mm, just varies depending on what volume you have them at.
-It doesn't do it when the engine is off.
-You have an amp connected to the stereo, and there are GLI's between it and the HU.

So with you saying there's an amp I'm starting to agree with you that you may have your signal and power wires running too close together. It's common to get interference in your sound if the power is too close. New question. Do you have a GLI between the audio source and the AuxMod? If you don't then I would highly recommend you get a 3.5-3.5mm GLI and put it inline with that cable. Crutchfield has one for about $17.

as for the sirius I was trying to see if you have the OEM sirius which connects through a different plug, or if you had an aftermarket one hooked through the AuxMod.
[/quote]

Thanks, i dont have GLI yet between source and AUX, going to purchase it today from Crutchfield.
It is an aftermarket Sirius Unit connected through AUXMod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts