·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was first though! :) lol

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Convertible compacts seem to attract an annoying breed of driver. Around here, there are so many prissy ditzy blonds who drive VW Cabrios. They always have the top down in summer, blairing their backstreet boys. I don't want to see that happen to the 3. Dear God no.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also think that some cars just appeal and are marketed towards women such as Saturn.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm not so sure the Mazda 3 will be designed to appeal to the same niche as that VW Cabrio driver stereotype. Condemning a type of car based on a stereotype of the type of people who drive it is a more than a little unfair. I don't think ditzes in Cabrios are as annoying as ricers with slammed Hondas trying to race everyone to the next red light like morons. I think the 3 three-door will be a sporty design and will lend itself to a decent convertible without looking too frumpy. There isn't a whole lot to compete with at the moment, but by 2005 it's possible we'll see others like the Celica or Tiburon with convertible models to compete with, maybe a new Golf and Chevy/Pontiac convertible based on their new small car platform too. Of course little convertibles are marketed towards women, and Mazda wants as much brand appeal as it can get to gain more momentum ... we all want Mazda to get better and better, so if they want to build something for everyone, what's the problem? I've always thought Mazda needed a Protege in this segment -- it's been a long time coming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts