Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the new STI with the 5-speed AT in the Legacy? Apparently, Subaru is cutting some hardware and the price might be under $31,000. I know that there is the Impreza GT, but the body kit of the STI is far more appealing. I'm thinking that my next car is going to be another hot hatch and possibly AT. The 2nd gen. Speed3 looks great in the exterior, but somehow I want to try something else. I'm getting old for MTs too. I'm disappointed that the paddle shifting in the STI Spec A is not a dual clutch or 6 speed, however.

By the way I sat in the 2010 Mazda3 two weeks ago at a local auto show and was not impressed with the interior - one can't fit the laptop anymore in the glove compartment. I was just not impressed. I'm still dying for the official debut of the 2nd gen. Speed3, which is less than 2 weeks away, but might not be buying it.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=137428.msg2967889#msg2967889 date=1235878636]
the only AT i'd buy is DSG.
[/quote]

+1 2010 GTI FTW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would be nice if they have an AT STI forester....

The family is getting bigger. Need a SUV soon.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=latte link=topic=137428.msg2986549#msg2986549 date=1236730461]

[/quote]

My wife just got a 2009 Forester X with Premium package. It's quite an improvement in looks and comfort when compared to first and 2nd generation foresters.

DSG is great. Other automakers, including Mazda, are rumored to be working on similar setups. I just wish the STI had such an option, but being such a small nich manufacturer is more difficult. Maybe after Toyota comes up with one, Subie can borrow it. Even the Ford Fiesta sub-compact is rumored to have a dual-clutch 6-speed in the works. Mazda's rumored future RX9 and RX7 might have such a choice, which points to future MazdaSpeed3s.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
[quote author=latte link=topic=137428.msg2986549#msg2986549 date=1236730461]

[/quote]

Actually you don't need an SUV. Please America, for the love of Christ!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts