Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your car doesn't have these can you buy the controls and just swap them? Plug and play?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Unfortunately no. This has been discussed several times. The cost and complexity is so great you would be better off buying a new car.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly is involved?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=antichrysler link=topic=136664.msg2945915#msg2945915 date=1235001512]
What exactly is involved?
[/quote]

I boat load of money in parts and dismantling of the car. There are number of vacuum lines, sensors and so on that make it cost prohibitive. Someone did analysis and posted up a very thorough walk through of parts needed. It was in the thousands of dollars excluding labor.

There has been plenty of discussion on this topic over the years.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah okay. That answers my question kinda. If there's that much work it's best to just leave it. Is it like that on all model years? I know even in the 07s there have been changes such as being able to use the LCD screen stand alone, and others with disabling DRLs is just pulling a fuse now. Maybe this is a feature that has changed?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Vacuum lines, sensors, hoses, pulley's, belts are all part of the ACC. The manual HVAC models do not have these parts. It's really much more involved then the face plate and LCD screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts