Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the auto AC is not available in the states but I still have questions about it, for those that may have it...

1. Does the audio display on the top of the console show your AC info?
2. Is there a diagram for automatic vs. manual a/c so I can see if the wiring is the same.
3. Can someone find the corresponding part numbers and prices?

I really like the ease of use of Automatic A/C and it is the only that I will lose in getting the mz3 (except for about 130 hp).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am down grading from a 2001 Acura CL-S. I modded it to a good 300 horses from the stock 260.

I live in Texas and I drive ALOT! I have driven a good 300K miles in the past 8 years. Many of which were without auto a/c. I really got TIRED of switching the a/c on and off and adjusting it all of the damn time! I would much rather (as the info-mercial says) set and forget it!

Yes, I would put it in myself.

I honestly think and hope the unit should just be plug and play. If the readout on the top of the console shows the status of the a/c I don't think it will be plug and play.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
USCMazda3 said:
dk0280 said:
yeah.. keep us updated on this.. this is the only thing that bugs me about the car... all i really want, however, is to be able to get the outside temp reading to display.. or even the inside car temp.. do any of you think that might be something feasible to do?
Honestly, I think people are expecting a bit too much from this car. No doubt that it is an awesome car for it's class/price range, but let us not forget that that class/price range is "compact economy car" after all, plain and simple. Simply having a readout for the A/C is cool to me. It really wouldn't be worth the trouble/expense of converting the NA HVAC system to the auto system. Obviously, it can be done, but it would take a bit of research, some time, and I'm guessing quite a bit of $$$$.

If someone finds the lack of auto A/C that large of a stumbling block, I would just say keep saving until you can afford a car with auto A/C.
The funny thing is that it is offered overseas and it is still an economy car.

I don't think you quite understand modders though. Check this out. Sometimes you like the way a car looks and everything about that car so you want to buy it. You then think of a couple of ways it could be a bit better so you mod it to suit your needs. I myself like many aspects of this car but there are some things that I would change if the price is not to rediculous. Now don't get me wrond, if it costs big money to add auto a/c, I won't even worry about it. But if it costs less than $200 to do it, I am ALL FOR IT!

My current ride is a '01 Acura CL-S. I would have bought a BMW but I hated the way I was treated at their dealerships. I decided instead to go with an acura and mod it to handle and perform similar to the BMW I would have bought. Although the rear wheel drive vs. front wheel drive limitations could not be overcome, I was successful in modding my car to ride in a way that made me happier than the BMW and it still costs less than a BMW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.