Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i was wondering if this is a catback exhaust for the mz3 HB???
i saw it at corksport.com

·
Registered
947 Posts
Wow, that looks pretty nice. I like the fact that you can't see the Mazda3's muffler. I wonder how loud this muffler is. I like mufflers that are about as loud as OEM but gives a deeper rumble. I had Apexi World Sport cat-back mufflers on my '92 Accord and they were tuned like that.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The tip looks a little large, but otherwise looks good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
OK I CALLED ON THE EXHAUST FROM CORKSPORT AND THEY SAID, LIKE A I ASSUMED AS EVERYONE ELSE WOULD PROBABLY SAY, IT WILL BE HERE IN ABOUT 4-6 MONTHS. AND WOULD RUN ANYWHERE FROM $450 TO $600 SO AS ALWAYS WE CAN WAIT FOR THIS ONE OR ONE OF THE OTHER 20 EXHAUST SYSTEMS THAT WE'LL HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM AROUND THAT TIME.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I Custom installed an HKS Muffler on my mz3 and it sounds nice. It's not loud like those typical honda rice cars, it's acually a real mellow low tone. It's noticeable loud only when you reach between 3-5k RPMs and if your going on a hill or have a heavy load on the car.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
erv187, any pics? haha take some pix man we need to see this..

·
Registered
100 Posts
I felt a slight increase of power. It picks up a little quicker than when it was stock. The sound changed though. It has a deep tone but not anoyingly loud at all. I'm sure it'll definatly go well with the intake when it comes out. The intake will probably give it a low throaty sound.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
What did you do with the original muffler near the center if the stock exhaust line? Did you remove it?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
nice color erv haha it would go perfect with my velocity red sedan =D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Are there hooks under the car for you to place a universal type muffler there? I thought the stock exhaust system has the muffler tucked away and there is a long tail pipe section. Did the exhaust shop have to weld on a hook or something? And did they remove the stock muffler?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was originally going to put the whole muffler at the back of the car, BUT, the whole muffler was to big to fit in the back, it would of been hanging about an inch off the ground which means It would have been dragging on every bump i hit. So what i did instead, is I removed the stock muffler which is in front of the rear wheel well, I then cut off the big tip of the muffler and welded it to the end of the tail pipe that sticks out the back of the car, then i welded the muffler where the stock muffler used to be, then finally welded the end of the tail pipe onto the new muffler. I kept the old muffler just in case. Since you're all so anxious to see it, I'll have pics up on my website of the new muffler by 5pm (Pacific time) Tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I don't want to be an ass here but that muffler is a replica of an HKS one. Trendgear, which is where I assume you bought it, sells mufflers on ebay. But when you look at their description, they say HKS STYLE muffler which is different from a real HKS muffler. But if you are happy with it that's what counts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts