Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Works great on my Mazda 6. I have the older serial version though and have since gotten a new laptop, so I want to upgrade to the bluetooth version. The software also comes with a speed tracer which estimates things like 1/4 mile, 0-60 times. I have not had any problems with it, it is well built and the software works great. There might be other ones that are cheaper though, I don't really know.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
There was a group buy on the software and scan tool a while back and many of us jumped on it, myself included.

I've used the scantool a bit and it shows a lot of information, but I only find myself using it when something is wrong. Since I don't have a carputer in my car I find no need to keep my laptop in my car running data logging.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I just bought this a few weeks ago from streetunit.com. I got the usb AE scantool and the mazda enhanced interface. Works killer and also has a performance program which lets you do 1/4 mile runs, dyno's the car, shows volumetric effeciency and quite a few others cool things.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
[quote author=XM_Rocks link=topic=66489.msg1140902#msg1140902 date=1168370339]
What are the gains... 1/4 mile etc you guys seeing?
[/quote]

There are no gains, this is strictly diagnostic software.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=XM_Rocks link=topic=66489.msg1140902#msg1140902 date=1168370339]
What are the gains... 1/4 mile etc you guys seeing?
[/quote]

if you mean what hp/tq and 0-60' and 1/4 mi times am I getting.. my problem is finding a perfectly flat stretch where I can wind it out over 100mph and not get busted. so far, I havent found a perfect setup. totally flat, totally straight and cop free are hard things to come by in Rhode Island. :p

but as hexedit said, its diagnostic software, not tuning software. Its as detailed as any dealers model specific scan tools when you get the enhanced packages.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=66489.msg1141335#msg1141335 date=1168382688]
find an abandoned airfield or dock. i'm sure there are lots around RI.

you might also see if there are any private roads where the owners will let you zoom-zoom.
[/quote]

Im sure I can find it, but between my schedule and permitting weather, I havent had a chance.... yet ;)

[quote author=mookiebarras link=topic=66489.msg1141392#msg1141392 date=1168385292]
cosmic, do you use your laptop with the software?

[/quote]
yassir, I bought a toshiba sattelite on ebay for 300 its got a 2ghz chip with 512ram and a 15" screen with 2.0 usb's its the perfect laptop to be a dedicated scan tool :D the battery doesnt hold much of a charge however (need to replace it), so I bring along my inverter and a optima yellowtop as a passenger till I fork over the cash for a better internal battery. (reason for the optima is because using a usb hookup to the obd2 port and getting power from the cigarette plug causes a ground loop that effects usb devices) the enhanced software basically need to be associated with one and only one computer (you get an unlock key) so having a dedicated machine to use just as a scan tool is a plus since you can only reload the code for the enhanced software so many times before ya gotta pay a fee(somethin like that).

so for the whole shabang with enhanced mazda software I paid just shy of $600. IMO its a great first mod for the car if you plan to add parts later down the line.

·
Registered
241 Posts
or i can just take a drive down to rhode island and you can hook me up!
need to get a roof rack first, i hate throwing my snowboards in the back of my car.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=mookiebarras link=topic=66489.msg1142246#msg1142246 date=1168426837]
or i can just take a drive down to rhode island and you can hook me up!
need to get a roof rack first, i hate throwing my snowboards in the back of my car.

[/quote]

Im easy to find, I live at the bottom of 24 :D

snowboards? whats that.. dont you need snow for those?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I hear ya, I like snow and snowboarding, but I like summer better. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66489.msg1141731#msg1141731 date=1168396141]
[quote author=bani link=topic=66489.msg1141335#msg1141335 date=1168382688]
find an abandoned airfield or dock. i'm sure there are lots around RI.

you might also see if there are any private roads where the owners will let you zoom-zoom.
[/quote]

Im sure I can find it, but between my schedule and permitting weather, I havent had a chance.... yet ;)

[quote author=mookiebarras link=topic=66489.msg1141392#msg1141392 date=1168385292]
cosmic, do you use your laptop with the software?

[/quote]
I was planning on using AE with my Windows Mobile5 PDA/cellphone. In the description it says that it can display live sensor data of your choosing. Does it include boost, air to fuel ratio and other important stuff?
Any pictures?
yassir, I bought a toshiba sattelite on ebay for 300 its got a 2ghz chip with 512ram and a 15" screen with 2.0 usb's its the perfect laptop to be a dedicated scan tool :D the battery doesnt hold much of a charge however (need to replace it), so I bring along my inverter and a optima yellowtop as a passenger till I fork over the cash for a better internal battery. (reason for the optima is because using a usb hookup to the obd2 port and getting power from the cigarette plug causes a ground loop that effects usb devices) the enhanced software basically need to be associated with one and only one computer (you get an unlock key) so having a dedicated machine to use just as a scan tool is a plus since you can only reload the code for the enhanced software so many times before ya gotta pay a fee(somethin like that).

so for the whole shabang with enhanced mazda software I paid just shy of $600. IMO its a great first mod for the car if you plan to add parts later down the line.
[/quote]

·
Registered
31,080 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the latest version of the autoenginuity software with "Mazda Enhanced" option. One of the Enhanced Powertrain parameters is "Actual AFR" with a range of 0 - 2. I logged this for a while with other parameters like throttle position. The range of 0 - 2 doesn't make sense to me. Their tech support person says it "relative to stochiometric", but I can't understand how this would convert to a typical AFR ratio of 10 - 14 or so. The values range from a low of about 0.88 to a high of 2.0 (several of these), but there seems to be no relationship between these values and throttle position. Can anyone help me make sense of this data? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
[quote author=gdb_ms3 link=topic=66489.msg2389612#msg2389612 date=1213384446]
I have the latest version of the autoenginuity software with "Mazda Enhanced" option. One of the Enhanced Powertrain parameters is "Actual AFR" with a range of 0 - 2. I logged this for a while with other parameters like throttle position. The range of 0 - 2 doesn't make sense to me. Their tech support person says it "relative to stochiometric", but I can't understand how this would convert to a typical AFR ratio of 10 - 14 or so. The values range from a low of about 0.88 to a high of 2.0 (several of these), but there seems to be no relationship between these values and throttle position. Can anyone help me make sense of this data? Thanks.
[/quote]

Its displaying in Lambda form which is Actual AFR divided by AFR Stoich (14.7). So multiply whatever number it gives you by 14.7 to get your actual AFR.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts