Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the lack of pictures, my digital camera battery died before I ran.

As a former Focus owner I would have expected the car to behave much more like the Focus than it did. The Focus is a bit "tail happy" but I have learned to exploit this and can rotate the car pretty easily using the throttle. The 3 does not oversteer nearly so easily, this will be good in the long run but I need to re-learn how to drive.

The ABS was interesting, I think I only got into it once when I tried to rotate the car but couldn't and had to slam on the braked to avoid some cones.

The power band was pretty ammenable to the course I was on, which was ironically set up for Corvettes by our Corvette club.

I'd estimate my time was probably similar to what my time in the Focus would have been, of course the Focus had better tires and I already knew it quite well. I think the car has a lot of potential, probably still not enough to be competitive in GS but it should still scoot. If I can get 225-45-17s to fit on the wheels and in the wheels wells who knows.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
do you have the tpms on ure car? if so didnt u have to vary your psi or something for those things?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts