1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
great info!! thanks for the link :goodjob:

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
His comments on the teins really depress me as I was planning on switching over to super streets come this season.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=SoraNezumi link=topic=66742.msg1147541#msg1147541 date=1168671021]

Good read. I want to meet this guy and pick his brain!

[/quote]

To contact DG (Dennis Grant) and read further discussions on his new webpages, goto http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/223614.aspx

The response has been ... interesting. Dennis has the personality that doesn't rub "everyone" the right way. He owns a few website and had the guts to ban quite a few individuals, for being "loudmouths" on his sites over the years. Hence, he does have a few high-profile critics on the net, especially within the autocross community. However, it doesn't take credit away from him for being the individual who single handedly created, about ten years ago, what is known today as the Street-Mod class in SCCA. He is smart, a very fast learner and he is not afraid to spend money and get his hands dirty when it comes to car prep. He has learned a lot (much more than others who started way way before him in the sport) and the best part is that he doen't keep what he has learned close to his chest and is willing to share it openly with others.

I found his "Caveat Lector" section most interesting because it's funny and it's so true (one more mention of lowering springs will blow the stock shocks, or running the RB rear sway bar by itself on a Mazda3 doesn't make the car oversteer, and I will promise I won't return to this forum :D ). The web, especially on car forums, is fully of incorrect information and it's refreshing to see better info posted by individuals like DG.

For the record, I don't agree with "everything" Dennis wrote, but I would say 98% of it is accurate.

Joe

·
Registered
109 Posts
FYI- We are an Authorized Koni rebuild center. We sell koni's, rebuild them and have dyno services. We are located in So Cal.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
there went any last chance I had at productivity at work today. . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts