Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The auto wiper is quite useful, it helps from rubbing the blades on dry windshield (which makes a creepy noise) when the rain is light, it sweeps when only when it senses the rain drops.

Auto Headlight turns on the headlight, and dim the interior panels when it gets dark enough, or whenever you enters an indoor parking. And it will turn them back to DRL once you are under daylight again. You don't have to worry about forgetting to turn off your headlights after you park anymore.

These are useful features you won't find on other cars around this pirce tag.

Also i love the steering audio controls!

I love this car!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
These are useful features you won't find on other cars around this pirce tag.
Darn you Canada! =)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well, you guys get to have Xenons, GPS and Tire pressure sensors in the US! :?

:wink:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
hmm actually do I really want a Nav? haha but i do like the looks of xenons tho. =\ Never really touched the auto wipers yet.. but the autolight.. awesome.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They should have made the AutoWiper for BC only, since we get the most rain!! haha :lol:

As for the east coast, they should get Heated Wind Shield!

But they really should have Heated Seats as an option.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Somehow I feel the autowipers respond too slowly, they wait for too much rain until wiping, I always have to turn them on manually :?

but the autolight is great! :D

you are right 2k1_bug, they really should have heated seats as an option, that's the reason why I didn't opt for leather seats!

·
Registered
481 Posts
FR3D said:
Somehow I feel the autowipers respond too slowly, they wait for too much rain until wiping, I always have to turn them on manually :?
then change the sensitivity...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FR3D said:
Slalom said:
FR3D said:
I believe it's already at the most sensitive level :?
I believe the sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted at the dealership, same for the Auto Headlights. Not sure if they would do it though, or maybe at a charge. Otherwise you can try some auto mechanics.

·
Registered
481 Posts
FR3D said:
Slalom said:
FR3D said:
I believe it's already at the most sensitive level :?
well if so then it all depends on the type of precip yur driving in... really lite mist/spray is sometimes hard for it to pick up... the rain sensing wipers can't be relied on to work perfect all the time, they are good for about 90% of driving conditions I have been in so far. Same goes for the auto-headlights, they aren't perfect for every situation, they turn off the lights on foggy, yet bright days when you would actually want your taillights on... time to do it manually

·
Registered
15 Posts
So far, I haven't been sold on the Auto sensing features. I tried the wipers yestereday. it was mild here, but all precip on the windscreen was due to kick up from cars in front of me. Because this was more of a wet snow/ dirty road condition, I found the wipers didn't come on fast enough. Again, I think more so due to the fact that it wasn't just water, but dirt etc.

Also, I like the idea of all available lights on all the time, and really, when I get in the car, I want to know that no matter what, the lights are on. (not just day time running lights)

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
FR3D said:

but the autolight is great! :D

you are right 2k1_bug, they really should have heated seats as an option, that's the reason why I didn't opt for leather seats!
Werd, I have seen some heated seat kits available online for other cars , the ones for the RSX were only like 150ish American for each seat, this is the first thing I am doing to my car if I can find who does it, my ass is frozen as I am typing this... :(

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have leather in my car and we've had really bad weather... -35!!
I find that the seats warms up in a couple of minutes and I don't see a REAL need to install a heat seat kit, IMO!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FR3D said:
You are right!

Maybe i was speaking too soon.. after another week of light rain and wet road driving.. the wiper speed becomes an issue...

Sometimes the rain drops are too light that the sensor can't pick up and the wipers would not move even when i can't see through the windshield at all.. so i had to put it to "1" and back for a single wipe.

Another problem is when i'm driving behind someone on a wet road.. the autowiper will not work as needed... then i wish i had the "intermittent" position.. like 5 seconds between each wipe.

No wonder i don't see this autowiper feature even on the newer BMW or Mercedes.. coz it doesn't work well. On their wiper control they select how frequent the intermittent wiper sweeps (and not the sensitivity in our case) .. which is way better.

·
Banned
868 Posts
You know what, I think you guys need to put on some RainX or something equivalent to that stuff.

I find that my auto wipers are much too sensitive and I have my sensitivity set to the lowest!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
we just get too much light rain here in Vancouver, auto wiper doesn't seem to work well for us, putting that P5 wiper unit sounds like a good idea, but will that mess with the sensor or even the computer?

my auto wipers go crazy sometimes...it just wipes continuously even when there's no water on the windshield, but it only does that when I switch it back from "1" to "auto", nothing like that happen when I put it from "off" to "auto", and it only happens once in a while, anyone else have similar problem?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts