Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recurring auto transmission leak. Started last summer, (@ 16K miles) the dealer claimed that it was a gasket, which was part of the transmission fluid pan. So they ordered both. They supposedly replaced it in July. It leaked a few months later, and was supposedly replaced again in September. (20K miles) Was fine for a while, but now it's leaking again. (25K miles) WTF. It's a slow leak, unnoticeable difference in fluid levels.

I took it to my personal mechanic for the last oil change. When it was up on the lift, I could get a good view of it. There was a wet trail from the front of the transmission pan, and he said it was coming from the neutral safety switch. I haven't had a chance to crack open the service manual yet to check it out.

Any good lines I could use when going to the dealer?
Anybody else have this problem, or reccomendations?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I looked into the lemon law and I think he has too many miles on his car. Besides, it's a marginal amount of transmission fluid leak, thus it's not a "threatening" repair.

I've never heard of this before...

I would go to the dealer, explain that you've tried to have your leak fixed more than once there and you hired another mechanic to find the leak since it seemed like the dealer techs couldn't find it. So then give them a piece of paper that shows where the leak is and the repair needed.

BTW, the gasket for the transmission pan is a red "liquid" gasket like on other parts of the transmission too so why would they have to "order" it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts