Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone ever had problems with camshafts after installing and using the AutoTech HPFP internals? I bought the kit and im about to install the parts but the box says they are not responsible for camshaft wear. Can i just install and tune? any problems with experienced mazaspeed guys about camshaft issues?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Never heard anybody with camshaft issues installing the HPFP internals. Note that you won't make any power gains from the internals themselves, rather they allow you to take advantage and do some other mods.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe it was Audi because their cams were soft so they wore out prematurely. I have not heard of a speed having that issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much guys i have DP and FMIC on the way with a tune but i want the internals installed for a safer setup. Would hate to blow up my engine :) BTW Im thinking of buying the Corksport upgraded turbo since i just want to reach 300-325 safe horses :) Any of you have this upgraded K04? Dont want big turbo upgrade since i know my cars limitations

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Thanks so much guys i have DP and FMIC on the way with a tune but i want the internals installed for a safer setup. Would hate to blow up my engine :) BTW Im thinking of buying the Corksport upgraded turbo since i just want to reach 300-325 safe horses :) Any of you have this upgraded K04? Dont want big turbo upgrade since i know my cars limitations

One step at a time buddy. After an intake, the only 2 things to follow should be hpfp internals and an ap. in that order. Then other things.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There's no sense in installing the FMIC without a bigger turbo. All of that excess piping that routes around the engine and into the belly is a lot of extra lag and pipe that the stock baby-turbo is going to have a hell of a time pushing through. You'd be better off going with CS TMIC or staying stock until you're ready to go big.

Another thing, like @MBalik said, if you don't have HPFP before any of that other stuff, then you're going to shoot yourself in the foot before you begin.
The AccessPort will allow you to gauge and set your ECU up properly. I personally think you should have it before the HPFP, because they're no sense in installing them without being about to map the ECU...

Also. RMM? CAI/SRI? Stage One? Lol...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts