Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in MD USA and we didn't get this option as a choice. However, I still have the ugly box thingie in the middle of my windshield for no reason.

I had my tint dude do the windshield strip on each side not to cover the fugly box because I thought I had the auto lights/wipers.

Bummer. This is one feature that should've been standard if they give ya the fugly box already...

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the windshield in front of the rear-view mirrow is a tinted black box with a little box in the middle. It's about 8'' wide I guess. It serves as the sensor for the auto headlights and wipers.

Why did they put it on windshields if your MZ3 doesn't have the auto feature? *ugh*

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you have a picture, I'd be interested in seeing it. I don't have a box thing in my window that I know of. Now I'm gonna look tomorrow, and see.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ummmm, that's not for auto sensing anything. It's just baked on tint from the manufacturer so that when you have the sunvisors down you don't have a gaping hole, I promise. Go try it; put both visors down and you'll see what I'm talking about. :wink:

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baked on tint to improve the look of the vehicle when both visors are down?? How gay homosexual is that! lol

My windshild tint job with the box looks good, so it don't matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts