1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shamelessly ripped from theautochannel.com. Full article here:
http://www.theautochannel.com/F/news/2003/11/24/173362.html

Mazda Offering Gentex Mirrors On Three New Models

ZEELAND, Mich., Nov. 24, 2003 -- Gentex Corporation , the leading supplier of automatic-dimming mirrors to the worldwide automotive industry, has begun shipping interior, automatic-dimming mirrors for Mazda's 2004 MAZDA3 compact car, Tribute sport-utility vehicle, and RX-8 sports car.

Gentex Night Vision Safety(TM) (NVS(R)) mirrors automatically darken to reduce glare from the headlamps of vehicles approaching from the rear. The brighter the glare, the darker the mirrors become, making nighttime driving safer.

The MAZDA3 and Tribute offer, as a port- or dealer-installed accessory, an auto-dimming mirror equipped with Johnson Controls' HomeLink(R) Wireless Control System. Three buttons conveniently located on the face of the mirror can be programmed to operate garage doors, estate gates, security systems, home lighting, and other radio frequency controlled devices. The mirror also displays the outside temperature and the vehicle's compass heading, which is generated by Johnson Controls' PathPoint(R) Digital Compass System.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I think this is a repost ;)

But like I said in the other post, IMHO, auto dimmers suck.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Already posted. :) Watch out for dinu. lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ugh

Honestly, an auto-dimming mirror? I can see better things to spend money on than a compass, external temperature control, home link, etc.

But it is cool isn't it? :lol:

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I have the auto-dimming, compass, and homelink on the RX300. Never used the compass and homelink.
The auto-dimming works well, tho I dun think an SUV needs it.
But now, driving the MZ3, I feel like installing one, just the auto-dimming. Dang those SUVs and trucks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had the auto dimming mirro w Compass and Temps in my 02 Pro5 and it was handy. Tinting the rear windows mitigated the auto dimming somewhat but I do miss not having it in my 3. I figured right now I'd go without and then maybe go back in and pick one up later if i started to really miss it. The homelink sounds handy, can you program any garage door opener into it or does it have to be a particular brand? If you can do that I'd probably jump at it even though the homelink version of that mirror is $200 more than the non homelink dimming mirror.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
cowtown said:
The homelink sounds handy, can you program any garage door opener into it or does it have to be a particular brand? If you can do that I'd probably jump at it even though the homelink version of that mirror is $200 more than the non homelink dimming mirror.
Any brand will do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Homelink rocks. My mom's RX300 has it.

Homelink is smart enough to work with rolling code garagedoor openers which alot of other generic ones won't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts