Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
4,116 Posts
Dimming mirror

i love the dimming mirror, i recently had to fix my lexus at the dealer and they gave me a loaner a brand new es330 it had the dimming mirror and i thought it was great, when i went to go purchase my mazda 3, 2 weeks ago, i had made a deal with them and they gave me the auto dimming mirror with homelink for free! i think the dimming mirror is worth it! for those who arent going to tint, and for those who have garage openers like i do! good luck to anyone that has the 3!

--------------------------------
2004 mazda s3, lava orange, black & red seats, auto dimm mirror, homelink, 6disc, sunroof, rear wing spoiler, sport pkg, abs, loaded!!

· Registered
2,459 Posts
Do you think there is a way to disable the auto dim (besides taping over the sensor)??

· Registered
105 Posts
To me an auto dimming mirror is essentially useless because, assuming you have them set-up correctly, you're going to get just as blinded by your side view mirrors. I suppose someone will come up with auto-dimming side view mirrors too, but then the cost for all 3 would be prohibitively expensive.

vermin

· Registered
2,459 Posts
Actually, with 35% tinting on the sides, I've noticed a SIGNIFICANT reduction is asshole drivers....

And it's lowered my stress, I've lost weight, and my hair is growing back in more evenly now...

· Registered
745 Posts
vermintrex said:
To me an auto dimming mirror is essentially useless because, assuming you have them set-up correctly, you're going to get just as blinded by your side view mirrors. I suppose someone will come up with auto-dimming side view mirrors too, but then the cost for all 3 would be prohibitively expensive.

vermin
If you have the side mirrors pointed correctly, they won't be aimed behind you, they will be aimed to the side so you can use them to make safe lane changes. Then, if they are aimed like that, the lights from the vehicle behind you won't hit your eyes.

· Registered
2,459 Posts
Are you smorking crack??

I figure that, or everyone in Indianapolis manages to aim their headlights correctly and/or not drive with their high beams on for no f'n reason....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.