Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO my car is hopefully on its way. When giving my list of add ons I asked for the Rear View Mirror with Auto Dim and Home Link. The one listed as an option from the MazdaUSA.com site.

They told me its not an available option.

WHAT?

Makes no sense to me. I know the S Grand Touring edition comes with it already loaded on there. I don't need the extra HP nor the extra cost per month of an S.

The dealer actually encouraged me to go to one of those aftermarket places to have a non OEM mirror installed. That's a new one for me too.

Dennis

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought this was weird. From Mazda.com
I even spoke with a guy here that does a lot of Auto Mods for a living. He said many times they have to buy the OEM mirror and once installed it has to go to the dealer in many cases due to some flash programming of the computer.
This guy is a friend and would gladly do it but he said a lot of new cars are a pain and its just better to have the dealer do it.

But my dealer says they cant.

Sigh!~

· Registered
875 Posts
the homelink is made by gentex company this is the OEM mirror that we have, and mostly universal. Most of the car brands uses the same exact auto dim mirror (gentex) as the OEM mazda. That being said, I got mine for cheap paid only $100 new at ebay.

The only thing i bought at the dealer is the installation kit which consist of the wire harness and the trim piece (auto sensing housing or the non auto sensing housing it is only a housing nothing special)

which was $40

$250 for an autodim homelink mirror option from the dealer is ridiculous on top of that the once you buy from the dealer is a green LED light min matches he led on my dash which is orange.

there is no flash programming to link it to the car. there is a simple instruction to program it to your garage door (just pressing buttons) and run your car in circles to calibrate the compass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.