Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Ummm..

Really? They do??

I thought that was just because they stole the display from the 8 and 6 models...

Although, if you look on the accessories page for the 3 brochure, they show what I thought was a 6.... Maybe it's just the Japanese version??

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/mazda3/swf/mz3_brochure.pdf

See page 12....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
That is a 6 interior, but the page content refers to Mazda wide autos. So I figured they showed its interior to emphasize that its product wide.

Yeah, Euro/Asian Spec 3s can be equipted with Climate Control (and a host of other cool features like: Dynamic Stablity Control, Traction Control, rain sensing wipers, auto lights, parking sensors, headlight washers, etc ...) In addition, Japanese spec ones can have intergrated DVD players or video game systems I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
No wonder...

It's no wonder they drive like crap - playing video games.... Shesh....

I think that the CAN version has auto headlamps and wipers. Guys?

I'm very surprised we didn't get auto/day running lamps here in the US.

But, I am happy that I can't lock the doors if my key is in the ignition (accessory or off). Now I'll be less likely to lock them in there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rpc180 said:
That is a 6 interior, but the page content refers to Mazda wide autos. So I figured they showed its interior to emphasize that its product wide.

Yeah, Euro/Asian Spec 3s can be equipted with Climate Control (and a host of other cool features like: Dynamic Stablity Control, Traction Control, rain sensing wipers, auto lights, parking sensors, headlight washers, etc ...) In addition, Japanese spec ones can have intergrated DVD players or video game systems I think.
I would love to have that integrated DVD player, but I'm thinking... if I get the housing for the pop up Navigation system, and put a LCD screen in that... I can probably put a little DVD player in the glove box. And maybe even put the controls where the Navi controls would be....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Stop teasing me with ideas....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
Re: No wonder...

DJ Spencer said:
It's no wonder they drive like crap - playing video games.... Shesh....

I think that the CAN version has auto headlamps and wipers. Guys?

I'm very surprised we didn't get auto/day running lamps here in the US.

But, I am happy that I can't lock the doors if my key is in the ignition (accessory or off). Now I'll be less likely to lock them in there!
I am glad we didn't get daytime running lamps because Canada can't have HIDs because they are too bright for daytime running lamps. I would rather have HIDs.

I do agree with you on the auto wipers though. I think that Europe got an automatic HID headlight leveling system where our's is manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Re: No wonder...

DJ Spencer said:
I think that the CAN version has auto headlamps and wipers. Guys?
We do. No Nav, no HID, no side missle launchers, we Canucks gotta get something special!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Good point!

But IMO the HID isn't that special - the car is very smart about a lot of things, but the lights have a 0,1,2,3 setting switch based on the load in the car. Shouldn't it be able to figure it our, rather than me have to set it each time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DJ Spencer said:
Good point!

But IMO the HID isn't that special - the car is very smart about a lot of things, but the lights have a 0,1,2,3 setting switch based on the load in the car. Shouldn't it be able to figure it our, rather than me have to set it each time?
Atleast its adjustable from the cabin, the HIDs on my Maxima is not... I think I'm going to re-aim them higher when I get a chance. The MZ3s HID seems to light the road farther.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rpc180 said:
I was thinking of putting this in the glovebox. Its 5x5". Wired through the back of the glovebox and into an LCD display.

http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/01q2/cappuccino/cappuccino-1.html

Problem is, I don't have the LCD housing in the dash. So it means I have to cut it? :cry:
You can probably purchase it off the parts department. Or if you are really lucky, you might find a wrecked MZ3 with the Navi... :? I'm going to find out how much it would cost the next time I stop by the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Keep us posted on the price! I just want the dash housing, the LCD would get upgraded anyway. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
n1smo said:
You can probably purchase it off the parts department. Or if you are really lucky, you might find a wrecked MZ3 with the Navi...
Somehow, I don't think that will take too long - but what are the chances all six airbags/curtains won't blow out the nav screen?
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
We get climate control here in Australia too!!!

Bt we don't get a moonroof or xenon lights as an option, which are options that i'd much rather prefer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
rpc180 said:
That is a 6 interior, but the page content refers to Mazda wide autos. So I figured they showed its interior to emphasize that its product wide.

Yeah, Euro/Asian Spec 3s can be equipted with Climate Control (and a host of other cool features like: Dynamic Stablity Control, Traction Control, rain sensing wipers, auto lights, parking sensors, headlight washers, etc ...) In addition, Japanese spec ones can have intergrated DVD players or video game systems I think.
and how exactly do we get the auto climate control 'equipted'? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
We storm the Mazda USA R&D factory. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Replacing Climat Control Unit

I've sent e-mails to Mazda dealers in UK inquiring about avilability of automatic climat control unit. I believe the unit is modular and can be fairly easily replaced with automatic unit. I saw a 6 or 7 pin connector on the bottom of the factory head unit and I'm wondering if that is the pass-through port for climat information to be diaplayed on the information panel attached to the factory head unit. I'll keep you guys updated on UK dealers' response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
The question will be if we will be able to have a readout in degrees F and not C. I would love to have auto climate control but I dont want it in degrees C. Not that theres anything wrong with degrees C, just that we dont use it here and I dont want to have to think about what the temperature is every time I look at it.

newblu3
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top