Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an AudioLink from RPM installed in my 2006 GT for a few months now and it's been good up until now. :(

Last week I noticed I wasn't getting any sound from the left channel. If I crank the balance completely left and then bring the volume up to over 20, I can hear a distorted version of what I should be hearing.

Using the flat iPod interface connector or the stereo plug connector makes no difference, I get the same results.

I know it's not the iPod - it works normally with headphones.

Has anyone had this problem with the AudioLink?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,738 Posts
i'm about pretty sure a couple people have had a simalar problem...I assume you've tried reseating the connections (back of the headunit & the cable that connects to the actual audiolink box)

sounds like it should still be under warrenty though....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
im having the same problem with mine .

the problem is a bad connection in the part that split between ipod connector and jack 1/8 plug. when i move the wire neer the splitter the stero come back. Its like the headphones on my old sony shockwave cd player, the wire always had this problem neer the plug.

i dunno if you have the same problem but a only little duct tape saved my audiolink
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to find some time this weekend to check out all the connections.

Thanks for the replies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news - after checking cables, all is well again.

The DIN plug into the AudioLink must have worked its way out a bit. All I did was reseat that cable and it's working like new!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top