Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my subwoofer and amp in my trunk. I am running a stock CD player.

I have been having problems with my subwoofer (I am assuming it is shot but thats not the problem) I was messing with it today and I hit the negative and positives together on the amp *spark* k. I then see I am having power which aides the assumption that my amp is dead. When I go put my keys in the car it turns on but now my radio wont. I checked all my fuses near the battery and they are all good. Are there more fuses? On the radio itself?

I am kinda lost and don't want to take apart the car before knowing whats there.

Thanks for the help

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Check the PJB... the panel under the glove box. There's a fuse in there as well. Hopefully that's what went.

Depending on what you shorted, you can also send voltage back up through the signal wires to the HU. When I was installing my system, I got lazy and didn't disconnect the battery. Fried my stock HU in one swift motion. Luckily my aftermarket stereo came later that week, so it wasn't a big deal...

Anyways, the moral of the story is... disconnect the damn battery before you play :D

· Banned
2 Posts
hey i just bought a mazda 3 and i have a subwoofer and amp that i want to put in it but i didnt know if i could do it in a stock cd player, also do you know if you put an after market cd player in it will the controls on the steering wheel still work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.