Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little disappointed in them.

So far, two of their products that say they fit on the mazdaspeed 3 do NOT work.

their HKS BOV flange makes it so that the BOV hits the stock airbox. Only way to get it to work is if you VTA. With the recirc fitting, you can not even attach the hose because the airbox is in the way.

pictures.

Second product is their MAF housing/adapter. Ordered the combo set (ATP maf housing + AEM dryflow) which I was told would work together..

got everything installed .. took it for a drive. Guess what?

NO POWER. 1st 2nd and 3rd.. major hesitation. No power at all. Car lurches and jerks and acts like a stubborn child.

feels like this..

step on gas..

No power ... no power.... lurch.. LOTS of power... lurch.. no power.

it also doesnt fit into the stock hose unless you force it. also, the harness that hooks up to the maf doesnt fit unless you dont tighten the screws down all the way.

pictures.

Only that picture because I was pretty upset by this point. Took it off the car and put back on the stock airbox.

2 products ordered from ATP.. both (edit) poor quality so far.

I know they are good. I hear nothing but good things about them..

Whats going on?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I thought they seemed too cavalier, about immediately offering stuff for the 3 that they offered for the 6. All companies tend to do this, but companies like CP-E seem to take longer. This is what makes me suspicious of ATP. But, once again, Nutari, you do us all a big service by actually moving forward on stuff the rest of us mostly just think about.

·
Registered
906 Posts
That sucks, but their website doesn't say anything about these parts fitting on the Mazdaspeed3. They don't even have a MS3 section.....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=Boother link=topic=67178.msg1153954#msg1153954 date=1169045699]
That sucks, but their website doesn't say anything about these parts fitting on the Mazdaspeed3. They don't even have a MS3 section.....
[/quote]

My mistake, maybe I'm blaming ATP for what a reseller was doing?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
shitty, sorry to hear the bad news, hopefully there is some recourse for you.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
wow very shitty - hope they take care of you and the mistake!

·
Registered
411 Posts
[/quote]

Truth.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=AG DesignWorks link=topic=67178.msg1154772#msg1154772 date=1169073966]
[/quote]

Truth.
[/quote]

They are telling their vendors that it is ok to sell the mazdaspeed 6 parts as speed 3 parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts