Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jus bought 2010, AT w/ 132k, shifts fine (for now) but fluid is dark an smells, not burnt but not far from it.
Should i change it asap or would changing it at this point do more harm then good?
Im being told both by diff ppl so i thought i would go straight to the experts on all things mazda for my answer...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Change it my friend, go to Mazda and get the correct stuff, can't recall but the fluid might be called M-V. Yeah, its like 8 buck a quart, but it is the right stuff. Buy enough to do at least 2 times, maybe 3 if really dirty. Memory says you need like 2.75 quarts per change, but double check this. Just do a dump and fill, drive and repeat next week..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, that was my thought too, ive had same prob b4 w/ 04 audi cvt about same mileage but it was having issues and did like u said and it pulled through, also 07, 750i w/150k it pulled through, but ive done it on gm's and fords and it done them in they would not pull after so thats why i ask about this mazda cz last thing i need is to ruin this trans.
Thanks again jus can't believe no one else would chime in on this legitimate question.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Note, that I said dump and fill, not some crazy power flush. I did it last fall to a 3 my daughter drives, at 75K miles, shifted fine but fluid clearly was never changed. Did it 3X and it shifts really nice. Get the correct fluid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir, thats only way ill do it, heard too many horror stories about the "power flush". This too is my daughter's car so i want it done right.
Thanks again my friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts