Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never had asthma growing up. I had my first attack in college, and it's progressively gotten worse. I'm now taking Advair (the purple disc) every morning to keep everything at bay, although I forgot to take it today. I never realized how much I needed it, but I've been coughing all day and feel crazy stuffed up, almost like I have a cold.

Anyone else deal with this crap? Is there anything you do to help control it without the use of meds?

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
sounds like me... my asthma was induced by allergies, if my allergies are under control i have no problems, if my allergies flair up then i have issues...

it sucks... even better is the most effective allergy medicine for me makes me drowsy so every day i have the dilemma of feeling sleepy with allergies under control or allergies hating me and awake

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel like I'm allergic to everything. It started with cats about 10 years ago, I got crazy hives on my face and neck and eventually my throat closed up. Now in addition, I'm allergic to pollen and dust mostly. I have 3 more hours at work and I'm not sure if I can wait, I'm literally starting to feel lightheaded because I'm not getting enough air.

I <3 breathing, I want to keep doing it!

You guys exercise at all to help? I did the treadmill for a while, but I'm not trying to lose weight so I had to keep my heart rate up -- but that, in turn, made it harder to breathe. fml.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I had it really bad when I was a kid. I found out I had asthma when I was playing soccer and my coach sent me home because he could hear me weazing across the field.

·
Registered
917 Posts
[quote author=ginanana link=topic=178217.msg3767712#msg3767712 date=1282155291]
...I <3 breathing, I want to keep doing it!

[/quote]

QFT lol :p

like someone else here, i grew up with asthma, but its pretty much gone. The weezing I do now after running is because I'm out of shape... wait round is a shape, lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts