Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
There are many many speculation in spore currently, what i heard is they will bring in 1.5L and 1.6L... and can u believe the 1.5L have more horses than 1.6L!!!
$80-85K is definitely too high, I know Megane II is very value for $$$ but i dun like Renault car... :?
We just have to wait for the official release of M3 here before we know whether is it worth the 80+K... who know they may throw in every single option... like HID, moonroof, 17 inch sport rim........... :wink:

·
Registered
197 Posts
ATL,
Yup, it's not in US dollars but if convert to US dollar it will still cost abt US$47K!!! and dun forget it's just a 1.5 or 1.6 car... :shock:

sengkt,
if ur "likes" really happen, i think it will be a >100K car ... :)
We have same taste, i like the winning blue color as well... u going for hatch or sedan?

·
Registered
197 Posts
it's a bit tough choice for me as sedan and hatch look as good, think i have to see in person to decide... :wink:
i heard the price went up cause of the higher yen...
my guess will be it will be available for booking before CNY but on the road after CNY... so should not crash with the CNY crowd... :D
anyway i may get the M6 if the price of M3 really hit 85K...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think Mazda Spore will NOT give chance to parallel importer for MZ3 this time as they have learned a lesson from RX8... RX8 is selling like hot cake now fr the parallel importer until Mazda Spore wrote to all the insurance companies and told them they WILL NOT provide any spare part and support for PI car!!!
As for the release date of MZ3 here, the earliest could be somewhere in Dec but i think most probably will be Jan/Feb next year... i HATE waiting!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
heard that Mazda Spore is selling the last batch of 323... 1.6M is out of stock and left 1.6A only... so at least it is a "sign" that MZ3 is coming soon... i think 75K should be the base model... usually they have something like sport package at abt 5K more... so it will cost abt 80K with sport package... since u have "good" contact with the sales just tell them inform u once it's available and maybe can "reserve" 1 for u... :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
75K is mentioned by sengkt, price NOT confirm yet.
btw, i heard something like they are going to bring in Auto only with Activematic... dun know true or not...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hatch is more expensive but IMO they usually have better eqiupments than the sedan... eg. bigger rim, maybe that's why they are more expensive? I like the hatch caused it has a large boot opening that really can put a lot of things when the back seat is folded down... the sedan boot just look too small for me... :(
Mazda Spore said they will bring in both sedan and hatch... i think most likely they will market the hatch as "sport" version... so most of the "good" stuffs maybe in the hatch... just my guess only... :wink:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Absinthe said:
Cars in Asia are generally more expensive than in NA or Europe.
I heard X5 costs around US$100K there.
The new 7-series around US$150K.... :shock:
Yup! especially here in Singapore... i think it is the most expensive in the world... it will cost us abt US$47K for a MZ3 1.6... :roll:

·
Registered
197 Posts
few mths back i emailed MM abt the MZ3, at least they still reply with some info... now if u email them they dun even reply... seem to me their lip is getting tighter and tighter as the launch date go nearer... :)
i think MM dun want to get stuck on their 323... but i feel that the launch date should be quite close... as I said the 323 1.6M is OUT OF STOCK liao so it's a good indication that MZ3 should be coming soon...

·
Registered
197 Posts
look like MM Spore should be selling the last batch of 323... so next will be MZ3!!! :lol:
yup! they cannot hold back the too long as it will definitely hurt their earning... i got the feeling that they will announce after the last batch of 323 are sold out else many 323 buyers will just wait for it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Guys!

It's confirmed that MM is selling the last batch of 323, 1.6A only left with silver and gold... it's going at only 66K!!! Bad news is... the sales person said that no more cheap Mazda next year... think he is referring to the new MZ3... :x
i think MM will bring in the MZ3 to spore ASAP as it is their most "sellable" car else they will eat grass liao... :lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
i dun think anyone can confirm any date now... what i heard is 24th Jan... the 3rd day of CNY... 20th Jan i think impossible caused it should be COE bidding day... and also heard that it may be just a soft launch which mean can only view and test drive the car... there are just too many rumours flying around... think have to wait for the official news fr MM...
do u guys feel that its quite strange that PI did not bring in any MZ3 until now... i thought they r always the 1st to bring in new model like RX8...

·
Registered
197 Posts
sengkt said:
Ya, that's the range...20-30 Jan is the real launch. They are doin' soft launch this month and begining of next month where local broucher/specs is avaliable. PI generally only bring in higher end models, I think. As the profit margin is much higher as compared to lower range model.
wah... if they really do a soft launch this mth then i think MZ3 should have arrived in spore... 8) can't wait for the specs!!! hope it will NOT disappoint us... :wink:

·
Registered
197 Posts
mtoh said:
i check wif a PI they claim that pricing is not attractive for them to bring it the "normal" series like 1.4M or 1.6A due to the volume.

Hence i wouldnt see any MZ3 coming in via PI. Singaporean r relatively still very old fashion, they only wanna bring in more hot "selling" brands like HONDA or Toyota entry level car.
good to hear that! at least there will not be any MZ3 on the road before MM bring it in... :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
IntroSpec said:
Hi guys, I thought I saw a 3 on the road!? Is this baby in? Or I've been thinking too much about it... can anyone confirm?

sengkt: I have that in mind too, a twin pipe would be nice. You got the estimated price? and a good place to fix it up?
i think u must be dreaming to see MZ3 on our road... but ur dream may come true soon... :wink:
anyway should have some news this mth or next mth and dun even try to ask MM cause they will not tell u anything... just wondering why r they still so tight lip even the last batch of 323 are going to sold out soon...

·
Registered
197 Posts
sengkt said:
Absinthe said:
Make sure you guys take some pics! :D
SP specs should follow JP specs rite?

Nah, I dun think SP specs will follow JP specs as far as engine capacity is concerned. We are getting the 1.6 L version. Anyway, can't wait for the specs to come out. I hope we'll have all the goodies like Auto climate/ stearing wheel vol control/ red blue gauge etc etc...drooool...
Yup! agreed with sengkt... JP specs will be too expensive for us here...
i think the coolest goodie will be the red/blue gauge!!! i will be :cry: if it doesn't come with...

·
Registered
197 Posts
alipz said:
Me just been to the Mazda authorised agent near Beauty World. Salesgal told me arrival period is in feb. sounds like a really long wait.

Could it be that the factory needs some preparation for the manufacture of cars for our tropical climates?
The MZ3 news fr MM will be the most accurate... those authorised dealer also just take "order" fr them... :)
anyway, upto now no one can confirm the date yet...

·
Registered
197 Posts
sengkt said:
Hi Guys,
I've just spoken to MM again and they said that it's quite firm that Mz 3 will be introduced on 24th JAN like what cya mentioned. Other than that, they could not provide me with any further specs etc. Keep you guys updated if I've further info. :)
at last!!! have a almost "confirm" date... :D
at least now we have a date to look forward to... 8)

·
Registered
197 Posts
hogster75 said:
Got a friend working in MM, also told me that the launch might be somewhere in Feb. As for price, no news yet. I think the 3 will be cominfg in as a 1.5L if I'm not wrong. :(
wah! u got a fren working in MM... then u should be very well inform on MZ3 rite... dun forget to post any new info here... :wink:
as for 1.5L, u dun need to :( 1.5L actaully produce more horses than 1.6L caused 1.5L suppose to be a new and more "advanced" engine with i think got variable valve timing... for 1.5L the max power is 114ps with 1.6L only 105ps... dun forget u pay less for for road tax some more... :D

1 - 20 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.