Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARRGHHH...just got back from the car wash place and I am noticing all of these tiny scratches on the car. What should I do? Will these scratches come out and how?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a self service actually...so I used one of their brushes (probably not smart) but I haven't had problems at other places.

·
Registered
420 Posts
10sne1 said:
It was a self service actually...so I used one of their brushes (probably not smart) but I haven't had problems at other places.
:shock: YIKES! Never ever ever use those brushes! Everybody and their brother, including Jim Bob and his 4X4 he just took mudding, use those things and leave dirt, mud, rocks, etc. in them. They don't get rinsed out! Egads! Get some good wax/swirl remover and cross your fingers :(

·
Registered
481 Posts
BMM3 said:
10sne1 said:
:shock: YIKES! Never ever ever use those brushes! Everybody and their brother, including Jim Bob and his 4X4 he just took mudding, use those things and leave dirt, mud, rocks, etc. in them. They don't get rinsed out! Egads! Get some good wax/swirl remover and cross your fingers :(

just power wash it yourself before using it... hold it up against the wall and hit it full blast... i do this everytime and have never had a brush scratch my cars (other than little spiderweb scratches that cannot be avoided)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same problem with my new mazda3. Pissed me off to no end, but I should have known better. I won't ever use a self serve coin wash again. (I can never get my car clean enough using one of those anyway, hand washing will get it very clean)

Since I got so pissed about it, I broke the bank and got a Zaino Bros Total Protection Show Car Kit. It kicks ass so far. It has pretty much everything you need to keep the exterior of your car cleaned and polished. The only other stuff you'll need are a wash bucket, a bottle of Dawn liquid detergent, and a bunch of good, clean, white bath towels with the embroidery cut off. I did a complete job when I first got the kit (wash / claybar / wash again / polish), and today I just washed it once and added a couple more coats of the polish to touch it up. The paint is so glossy and smooth when I'm done that if I were to set a ceramic mug full of coffee on top of the car it would slide off and hit the ground.

The kit includes Z-5 polish which will help minimize fine scratches and swirl marks. If you have some deep scratches that go completely through the clearcoat, you'll probably need something else to conceal the scratch, don't have any advice for you there yet.

Good luck.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Those brushes can serve their purpose but always remember...

- Blast the brushes out before you use them to get rid of rock, dirt and grit.

- If you must use them, make sure they are a hogs hair type brush (brown looking things), they aren't as hard on the paint as the nylon ones found in most places.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts