Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday some dipsh*t in a dodge minivan is parked like 8" from my drivers side when I come out to my car.

I inspect the drivers door and sure enough there's a 1" long scratch from his passengers door. :evil: :evil:

I think I can get it to buff out but it still sucks.

Why do people in non-compact cars think they can park in a compact spot?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
so sorry to hear that raitchison!...i agree, i hate those people with gigantic vans, even damn escalades or aztecs who park in compact spots...i think every parking space made from now should be regular size no more compact parking. hope you can get that scratch out man tell us how it goes!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think people should get special permits to operate such huge vehicles! It's ridiculous but so many people who drive large Super Urban Vehicles, full sized trucks, and full sized minivans don't know how to drive those vehicles safely. And what's worse is that some of them don't give a flying rat's ass about treating other road goers with respect. When the space says "Compact" it means "Compact" It should be against the law to park a huge vehicle over a compact space, just as it's very rude of a person to park over two spaces.

I always try to find parking away from old, large, and/or heavy vehicles. I usually like spaces right next to curbs or if I'm with some friends, we try to find parking spaces where we can box or buffer our cars away potential trouble. Also, when I have passengers in my car, I always make sure that they have enough room to get out and that they treat any car I'm parked next to, with respect. Last thing I need is a friend to ding someone else's car. Usually, the blame, if suspected or caught, goes to the owner of the offending car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is mean, but if some dipsh*t is careless enough to not watch what he is doing and damages your car, do it back. Someone parked next to us put a HUGE dent in my brother-in-laws door, so he decided to put one in their door with his foot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
or better yet, always keep some huge ass nails... when this happens stick a nail underneath one of their tires :twisted: hahahahahaa im evil

·
Registered
563 Posts
If all else fails, you could do what my buddy did. He had a guy park his car inches from his. He couldn't even get in the driver's side and had to crawl through the passenger side. Unfortunately for the other guy, my friend had a K car and the other guy had a new BMW(or something like that). This next step is kinds d!ck but still funny. My buddy turned his wheel and slid his front bumper along the guys car as he backed out. Now I am the last one to condone violence toward other people vehicles. I believe in beating the crap out of the owner, but dont touch the car, thats just wrong. In this case, I found it entertaining, because many(not all) people w/ nice cars and money believe the world revolves around them, and that makes me bitter.

Did you wait for the driver to come out? Not to be sexist, but chances it was a soccer mom w/her crappy little kids. I personally would have waited to see who came out, and had a little talk.

Craig

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got my first door ding 2 days after I bought my car. I came out to it in the morning and there was a nice one on my door. happened overnight someone parked in the street

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had 3 friends sitting in my car, while i went inside mcdonalds to grab some food. Some guy careless open the door all wide and hit my driver's side door, all my friends were looking at him. He was like "ohh sh*7".

When i came back, my friends told me, And i checked my car, there wasn't any damage. but i left him a note on his windshield....

"you are lucky that my paint is still fine"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts