Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulate to so many MZ3 owners. Just wondering, are you

1.pay cash, financing or leasing for your MZ3?

2.How much downpayment you have made (USD/CAD)? Any reason/advantage/disadvantage why you pay more or less down (if you do have the cash available)? eg. trade-in gives you benefit in taxation deductable.

3.How much per month are you paying now (USD/CAD)?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
8.75% NY Tax
$17,896.50 Car Dealed Amount
$1,565.94 Total Taxes Owed
$500.00 Loyalty Rebate
$8,000.00 Downpayment
$10,962.44 Total Amount Owed
60 Length of Financing
3.90% APR
$1,121.30 Total Amount of Financing
$12,083.75 Total Amount Borrowed
$20,083.75 Total for the Car
$201.40 Monthly Payment

By putting more money down up front, you borrow less money for the car thus you pay less in financing fees (which you can see is almost as much as taxes are in my state).

Though these are financial calucations, you can find the same spreadsheet that I used at http://www.carbuyingtips.com It lets you run 4 scenarios at the same time so you can see how different values in down payments and APR rates compare against each other. HIGHLY recommended. The dealer numbers were on par with mine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
cash

im going to use part of my workmens comp settlement to buy it free and clear, tired of making payments.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Financing @ 5% the full amount 18.7K for 60 months, no down payment, used my insurance settlement to pay off high interest credit cards. $350 USD/ month

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I hope to get a loan from my CU for $15,000 @ their 60 month rate of 3.95%. My credit score is in the 770's.

I will put down at least $3000, and hope to get $2000 in trade for my 97 Contour V6 Sport.

That means I am aiming at a $20,000 USD OTD price ( tax, tags, license, fees included) MSRP of MZ3 I am looking at is $20,005.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
4.9% @ 60 months
Dealed to $18,600
$8,000 cash down

$233.64 monthly

·
Registered
103 Posts
what options did you get ? sounds like your pretty good at wheeling and dealing to.
vaBooM said:
4.9% @ 60 months
Dealed to $18,600
$8,000 cash down

$233.64 monthly
:D

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
5th car financed... learned the ropes. And had a few friends in the car business, taught me some other tricks.

My car is a Sunlight Silver Metallic Hatchback with:

Xenon pkg
ABS pkg
Moonroof pkg

Got them to eat their lame dealer handling/shipping fee. So the dead price was $18,600, not including tax of course. With financing and downpayment, it came out to like $12,050 or so, after 60 months.

·
Registered
103 Posts
you got them to drop the destination charge ? how the bleep did u do that ?lol
vaBooM said:
5th car financed... learned the ropes. And had a few friends in the car business, taught me some other tricks.

My car is a Sunlight Silver Metallic Hatchback with:

Xenon pkg
ABS pkg
Moonroof pkg

Got them to eat their lame dealer handling/shipping fee. So the dead price was $18,600, not including tax of course. With financing and downpayment, it came out to like $12,050 or so, after 60 months.
:?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
a little trick we call: "take it or leave it" lmao

·
Registered
103 Posts
your the first person that i have ever heard of that was able to get that off. i thought i was good had haggling over prices. good job
vaBooM said:
a little trick we call: "take it or leave it" lmao

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Thanks, its good to know people in high places.

Heres how it all started: Friend was working a deal with shipping a car from California. The customer opted for a boxed shipment... sooo, when my buddy flew out there to make sure the car was in mint, he also picked up my 3.

My 3 snuggled next to a very BAD ass c32 AMG the whole way here. Once the car was here, the detail manager owned me a few favors. So he PDI'd the car for free; escaped the destination charge b/c the Mercedes customer paid for it. The truck driver didnt care, it was gonna be $1050 with 1 car or 2. Hell, might have been able to ship 3 mini coopers!

Oh it was a dealer trade, but I went thru Mazda Credit for the financing.

Sweet eh? :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts