Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt we are but I just want to make sure. How dark can we tint our windows here in Ontario?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
i think in ONT you are allowed to tint the top 15mm = 6in. of the windshield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2k1_bug said:
i think in ONT you are allowed to tint the top 15mm = 6in. of the windshield.
Wouldn't that look rather bizzare? :shock: I think I'll just stick with the front and back. What's the legal percentage allowed in Ont?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
zimmerDN said:
Wouldn't that look rather bizzare? :shock: I think I'll just stick with the front and back. What's the legal percentage allowed in Ont?
Everything I've read on the matter is that Ontario has vague laws regarding tinting which don't actually specify a legal tint value. It's odd, and seems to leave alot of room open for interpretation (ie: what one cop says is OK may not be OK with another).

If anyone has a good estimate of what's legal in Ontario, I'd like to hear it as well. I'm thinking I'll likely be tinting my windows at some point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
saltorio said:
If anyone has a good estimate of what's legal in Ontario, I'd like to hear it as well. I'm thinking I'll likely be tinting my windows at some point.
Check this:

http://www.teamrocs.com/events/locationprofiles/toronto_canada.htm

Tint laws. No tint on front glass or blackouts on headlamp & tail lamps. Basically no tinting allowed by law on all windows but common sence rule that officers allow is up to 50 % tint allowed on driver & passenger window, up to 80% tint allowed on rear & back seat side windows of 4 door cars or trucks. (Though 100% tint back there generates a fine.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My friend just told me the same. 80% on the back and 50% on the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
dinu01 said:
6" is OK for the front - have it on the PRO and no problems from the cops
A lot of cars have banners across the top of the windshield.. so it should be ok.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top