Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i dont get any options i can get an S model 4 door

if you dont get the abs package does it still have airbags?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Try the build and price page on Mazda.com you can see exactly what options you can have with what.

I do know that you'll have the two front airbags for sure, the others I can't say because it's different in the states. For instance the ABS in the 3 Sport is standard up here but we can't get Side Airbags even as an option.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The ABS package adds Side Curtain Airbags and Seat-mounted Airbags. Without it, you still get the front airbags. That would be the option you should get. Unless your one of those people who dont believe in ABS.

IMO, the options are worth it. You get 2 things per option (except the ABS which adds 3). The moonroof on my Jetta was an additional $800.. and it didnt include a 6cd changer.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hummmm... My dad never drove a car with ABS (his 2003 Matrix doesn't have them) and he never had an accident in 30+ years, knock on wood. Therefore I never drove a car with ABS either (93' Rolla & 93' Protege) and personally I couldn't care less for them! Its not a question of believing in them, but my dad had to brake hundreds of times to prevent an accident and even with no ABS he was able to manoeuver to safety.

Now don't get me wrong ABS is good invention, but for me its not a BIG deal!

Oh and same goes for A/C, even though 99% of NA feels like its a MUST I couldn't care less for it. My 93' Pro has a fully functioning A/C that I used twice last summer. :shock: So why pay $1000 and the extra $100 tax for it... in my case anyhow...

By the way my salesman is somewhat "forcing" me to get A/C, because I am leasing it and I guess he doesn't want to get stuck with a car to resell with no A/C! Hahahah! Sucker! :twisted:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Jebus, the S sedan is pretty well equipped and the options are only worth it if you feel they are worth it. Nobody can make that decision but you.

My personal recommendation would be to get the airbags package because in my opinion you can never have enough safety equipment. The rest is truly up to you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
ABS brakes are a great thing to have - if you know how to use them. And knowing how is relatively simple, in emergencies you stomp down on them, let them do their job, while you steer. W/O ABS, you pump the brakes yourself, trying to slow down while maintaining control. One can become pretty good at this, but never as good as an ABS system. This is especially true on slippery road conditions, where ABS excels.

Unfortunately a lot of twits don't know how to use ABS and instead of stomping on them, they pump the brakes as they would a standard brake system. Used this way they are no safer, and perhaps not as safe, as a non-ABS car.

Best thing to do if you get ABS is to take it out on a wet or icy surface and practice hitting the brakes while continuing to steer/drive the vehicle. It can be amazing. I've had three occasions to use mine in actual dangerous conditions over the past 10 years and they worked perfectly. One time stopping my vehicle in an amazingly short distance considering the road was completely ice covered.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jebus said:
if i dont get any options i can get an S model 4 door

if you dont get the abs package does it still have airbags?
Hey Jebus,

Driver's side and front passenger side airbags are standard on all new vehicles, regardless of location. Side airbags and curtain airbags are optional or standard depending on region.

Spencer

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i am thinking about selling some of my stuff i dont need anymore
just to make up the price difference
and then i will wait a few months

How much of a depriciation does everyone expect, resale value wise, i might just wait until a used one pops up and then jump on that
but that could be a whole year:(

·
Registered
526 Posts
Jebus said:
well i am thinking about selling some of my stuff i dont need anymore
just to make up the price difference
and then i will wait a few months

How much of a depriciation does everyone expect, resale value wise, i might just wait until a used one pops up and then jump on that
but that could be a whole year:(
On edmunds.com they are estimating that the MZ3 will hold about 48% of its value after 3 years. This compares to around 53-54% for the rolla / civic and about 28% for a neon. It should hold its value pretty damn well.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
You lose like 20% the first year, on any car.

By next Fall.. i predict you can get a M3s or HB for under $15K.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I do think ABS should be standard now. The ABS in my 3 already saved mine and this other guys ass when he cut me off in traffic without looking. Without the ABS flaring I would have just plowed into him and not for a lack of control, there was just nowhere to go so the ABS helped shorten the distance.

I used to hate ABS too since the first gen ABS sucked serious ass, but the newer cars are pretty darn good. I certainly wouldn't buy a new car without to be sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ABS pkg is definately good. I personally got the Sunroof just to get the 6 disc changer, but the sunroof is ok. I would say the Xenons/TPMS pkg is probably not worth it for you just based on the fact that you asked. That's something that you either really want, or could care less about. And if you don't travel much, $1700 for the NAV system is almost certainly money thrown away. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i just got 2 grand back form taxes( i totally forgot about income tax lmao) my parents just handed me the check
that bringe my money for a car up to 18k wish me luck, a local dealer is selling MAzda 3's at 199 over invoice with 1000 cash back :D :D :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Whoa, whoa whoa, tell us about the cash back. Is that $1000 from Mazda or is it just this dealer?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts