Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got all new tires installed beacause I had busted a cord in my last set. They were making my steering wheel wobble like crazy. With the new tires the wobble is all but gone. But now my wheels feel like they are going to fly off at highway speeds. I checked the shocks and nothing seems to be leaking or blown, also endlinks look ok. I was thinking an alignment is needed after the week and a half of crazy wobble from the old tires. I'll be installing camber links tomorrow so I'll be gettting an alignment anyway. Any input or suggestions on what this could be?? Thanks much!!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
get the wheels balanced.. thats what causing the vibrations and shaking !!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lucaspl88, we meet again :) Thanks for the camber link help. I just had the wheels mounted and balanced?? Must not be balanced correctly

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
check and make sure the lugs are torqued to specs, that should have been the first thing you checked

lugs not torqued properly can cause wheels to fly off

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to check the lugs ( feeling stipid :() Ill check them with the torque wrench when I get home. Thanks

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
yea.. usually when they mount new tire on the rim.. they should balance the wheel.... they probably forgot.... and well check the lugs.. if its not the lugs.. its the balance of the wheel.. since alignment wont screw it that much.. it might take u more to the right or left.. but wont make the car feel wobbly or shaky

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so I checked the lugs and they are all torqued to spec. Must be the balance... Ill try to get my camber links installed tomorrow and get an alignment and check the balance on the tires monday. Thanks for all your help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts