Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah that's good

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else have an answer to this question?

·
Registered
168 Posts
VraiDiouf said:
Are the factory HID's on the Mazda3 as good as these?

www.skafia.com/itr/hid/
Hey VraiDiouf,

I've got the Xenon HIDs on my Mazda3, and by judging the pictures I would have to say not. But then again, its hard to judge something by just looking at pics.

With that said, if it's an Audi retrofit setup...I believe the HID system is better than the Mazda3. I think its nice to have the HIDs on the Mazda 3 as an option, but I don't think it compares to your high-end Lux vehicles.

Spencer

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH ok, well that's good at least that the Mazda3 offers the xenons. Thanks you guys.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure the Mazda3's HIDs are better than the Corolla's Multi-reflector halogens, and past Mazda Protegé Headlighting systems.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, I'm not trying to be rude, but if u guys wouldn't happen to mind, would u think it's possible to post some pictures of you guys in ur cars at night with ur HID's on a dark road, kinda like thos Acura Retrofit pics? thanks :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou very much n1smo, I really appreciate that. Hey, lol are u one of the only ppl in AL with HID, because when I lived in KY, very few people had it. I really appreciate it man. I haven't been back down south for 2 years so let me know bud. I'll be going back this summer. :) Once again thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
889 Posts
VraiDiouf said:
Thankyou very much n1smo, I really appreciate that. Hey, lol are u one of the only ppl in AL with HID, because when I lived in KY, very few people had it. I really appreciate it man. I haven't been back down south for 2 years so let me know bud. I'll be going back this summer. :) Once again thanks for the pics.
You're welcome! Ya, I'll still be here...

Rucker's got a lot of HIDs. There are 5 Mitsu Evo's on post and they've got sweet Xenons, I would have been one of them if it weren't for the interior.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, I see yah I've seen those Lancer Evo's HID's but the mazda's judging by the pics are pretty good. Do the evos have projector?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Mazda3 has pretty good HIDs, in my opinion, it's a good thing that they used projectors instead of reflectors. I can't wait to get my fully loaded mazda3 in November with gps, hid, everything except leather. lol I will show my dad that his Mercedes is comparable to a 20K car.

·
Registered
773 Posts
On the subject of the light/beam pattern on the HIDs that come with a Mazda 3, I have to say that the adjustable lights are fantastic, but I do wish I could point them a little higher (if this is a simple adjustment, please, please, please let me know). For city streets, the various settings are perfect, but on a highway, just a little higher would be nice. As for light dispersion, where the light hits, it's about half as bright as daylight, so that's more than I've ever seen with the halogen lamps used on other cars, though not as much light as the BMW X5 and Range Rover, both of which use much big headlamps and have a higher origin of the light, which will of course mean more light on the road, albeit with the unfortunate side effect of blinding anybody in a regular car, and giving HIDs a terrible reputation. Anyway, these are my thoughts on the subject--other than a little extra distance at night, I wouldn't change anything about my HIDs.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The HIDs are definately good, and worth every penny.

But I can agree they dont match to BMWs or Mercedes. They have a wider and farther dispersion.

·
Registered
889 Posts
SBTanMan said:
On the subject of the light/beam pattern on the HIDs that come with a Mazda 3, I have to say that the adjustable lights are fantastic, but I do wish I could point them a little higher (if this is a simple adjustment, please, please, please let me know). For city streets, the various settings are perfect, but on a highway, just a little higher would be nice. As for light dispersion, where the light hits, it's about half as bright as daylight, so that's more than I've ever seen with the halogen lamps used on other cars, though not as much light as the BMW X5 and Range Rover, both of which use much big headlamps and have a higher origin of the light, which will of course mean more light on the road, albeit with the unfortunate side effect of blinding anybody in a regular car, and giving HIDs a terrible reputation. Anyway, these are my thoughts on the subject--other than a little extra distance at night, I wouldn't change anything about my HIDs.
Just pop the hood and look at the headlight assembly. You'll see a plastic adjustment screw that is geared to the motor. Turn it counter clockwise to raise it... I think.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ok, I'm going to try and raise them tomorrow. btw, I like the pure white my 3 emits as opposed to the bluer or purplish white that some other cars put out. I know that's not what some people like, but I think of it as a more natural color of beam at night, which seems to agree with my eyes more. Of course, that's IMHO

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SBTanMan said:
Ok, I'm going to try and raise them tomorrow. btw, I like the pure white my 3 emits as opposed to the bluer or purplish white that some other cars put out. I know that's not what some people like, but I think of it as a more natural color of beam at night, which seems to agree with my eyes more. Of course, that's IMHO
If you turn on your HID's at first, they are blue/purpleish, that's because they are cold. When they warm up, they become white. All HID systems are like this. Also with projector headlights, just when the car bounces on the road, can make it look like the headlights are changing color.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts